Back window connector fell off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 KJ with 26,3XX miles and driving home from the movies tonight, i looked in my rearview and noticed something hanging. upon further inspection, it was the black coil that connects to my back window, there is one on both sides... It looks like they are glued (?) on the window and it just "popped off".

I tried to use my key to pop the window open and it made the sound and a small movement but didn't lift up like normal.

I havent used that function in weeks, and it it just happened today- I would have noticed otherwise.

Any idea why it happened?

How can I fix it, or do i need to take it to the dealer?

I got this Jeep in June, i swear it's an accident magnet. First the right rear regulator went out, now the left one (which i have taped shut for winter, no use paying $450 to have it redone and tinted again right away) and NOW THIS.

*pulls hair out*

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like two things the coil wire would be the window defroster wire and if the hatch window is slow or hard to open it would be the window struts. (GOT PIC)
Window struts easy to replace, defroster wire need a pic to tell you may have to replace glass for hatch. As far as your window on the side ask dealer for a good will if not contact chrysler for a good will as many have done at no cost. The window struts are allways slow to move in the cold

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Those connectors use a special solder, and I know the dealer was able to restore my rear defroster when one side came loose.
They do make repair kits as well, but I have never used one.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the back window just pop open a little?? Or not open at all?? My gas shocks have been a little low when its cold out but its not a problem, I just pull the window open.

As for the defroster, its not a big deal. Just go to an auto parts store and buy the repair kit.

As for the windows, thats not gonna stop till you buy the right parts. Do a search for that.