Armie - My '07 Sport 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, almost forgot..

I did a before and after for the Armor All Outlast Trim and Plastic Restorer. No idea on longevity since I just did this today, but made one heck of a difference.

You must be registered for see images attach

... More pics on previous page

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Dave

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks back I had bought a brand new grille off Rockauto for a good price, and was going to use it unpainted black. After test fitting I decided the gray and black clashed too much, so I set out to find something to match the grille to the plastics. I have used Plasti-Dip in the past with good results (see black wheel covers earlier in this thread) so I decided to go that route. I ended up buying three cans off Dipyourcar.com as that is apparently the only place you can buy the Dark Gray / Charcoal color. Turns out it was a good match to the plastic. I think the change is good..

Last edited:

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after debating whether I would like it or not, I bought a bull bar for a decent price. I've been rocking it for about a month now by itself, but today I decided it was time to put it to the real use I had intended for the bar, by installing my 20" LED light bar. I think it came out ok.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it with the led bar, if it was by itself I probably wouldn't dig it as much

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDEE what are the lights you have hide in the bottom of your grill? I was thinking of adding some like that.

Whitee

Reaction score
Thanks, I agree!

I actually used Plasti-Dip for the wheels, the rattle can version. It sprayed pretty easily, laid down pretty even and has been holding up really well. They have been black for a few weeks now with no issue.

did you take the wheels off and tape them I want to paint my wheels

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDEE what are the lights you have hide in the bottom of your grill? I was thinking of adding some like that.
They were some cheap $20 from walmart, I think Blazer brand. If I recall correctly, they were 2.5"-3" in diameter which is about all that'll fit back there.

did you take the wheels off and tape them I want to paint my wheels
I had actually painted a set of chrome wheelcovers, but if I was actually to paint my wheels, I would remove them from the vehicle and then use note cards placed between the tire and wheel in a fanned type of manner to mask the tire.

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this showed up today:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which fronts did you get.
plan on having someone with a stout spring compressor do the job.

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which fronts did you get.
plan on having someone with a stout spring compressor do the job.

I went with the 927s in the front, and the 948s in the rear. My buddy offered to do it but I think I will be taking it to a shop for installation.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I went with the 927s in the front, and the 948s in the rear. My buddy offered to do it but I think I will be taking it to a shop for installation.

Like to see it when you're done, great to have another lifted KJ in Ohio

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like to see it when you're done, great to have another lifted KJ in Ohio

Oh there will definitely at least be pictures. It will probably receive new wheels and tires in the spring as well.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hows the install coming along? Anxiously awaiting some pics. :mexsmoke:

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows the install coming along? Anxiously awaiting some pics. :mexsmoke:

Making preparations, went to take care of that the other day and remembered that something needed to be done about the rear brake lines. Once I get that taken care of, it will be installed. I'm hoping sometime in the next two weeks.

Looking sharp!

Thank you!

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to get the lift installed this week, but in the meantime these showed up:

Members online

No members online now.