Armie - My '07 Sport 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just realized I didn't really answer the question. I do like them, but have only had them on a day as I installed yesterday. I've always been a fan of the looks of them

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Knowing myself as I do, if I were to change them out I would suddenly start missing the old ones. Do yours velcro on?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Are they ABS or metal?

3M auto tape... Prof, just like your (door) moldings and badges

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are ABS, and they are taped on with 3M Auto Tape. At first I was a little leery if they would actually stay on, but that thin strip has some good grip.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the way the Tailshades are. The tape holds the velcro on the shades and the Jeep. I was also leery of mounting them that way and half expected to see them sail off the back end as soon as I hit 50mph. Every time I check them they look as good as new, though.

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the way the Tailshades are. The tape holds the velcro on the shades and the Jeep. I was also leery of mounting them that way and half expected to see them sail off the back end as soon as I hit 50mph. Every time I check them they look as good as new, though.

Pretty much the exact same thought I had. I have yet to be on the freeway with them on, just drove around town so far.

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

... I have the itch.

Last edited:

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good places to go in Ohio? Where I grew up in Michigan there were seasonal roads and trails everywhere. Naturally, when I lived there I never had a four wheel drive vehicle. Go figure.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. My extended family has a small farm about 30 miles West of Wheeling, WV which is quite hilly and ought to have a few. I've got to call my cousins up and arrange a visit. :)

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a trip back home to Michigan this past weekend since I had a long weekend, had some fun at Bull Gap and some of the "seasonal" roads through the woods and national forest up there. On to the pics..

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through this, and I think the "Beep" as my nephew calls it needs more cowbell. It did just get a new wheel bearing but I'm thinking matte black grille.

Oh and here's a pic of my nephew wearing his awesome Beep shirt I made for him:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 30

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through this, and I think the "Beep" as my nephew calls it needs more cowbell. It did just get a new wheel bearing but I'm thinking matte black grille.

Oh and here's a pic of my nephew wearing his awesome Beep shirt I made for him:

A little boy walked by mine not long after I got it on the road, pulled at Grandma's hand, pointed and said "beep." She pulled him along impatiently and, this time, he pulled back harder, pointed and said "BEEP". Ours has been beep ever since ;)

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My nephew likes to go run up and tap the jeep. Every time he does it I honk the horn with the key fob. He gets a pretty good kick out of it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Need an update on the Cooper ST Maxx tires, how many miles you have now, how they are wearing, noise etc. Have been looking at them for a while now just not sure.
Also I see you are in Dublin, I just moved down to Gahanna in May. Several of the Ohio group that gets together are in the area if you ever want to stop by

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need an update on the Cooper ST Maxx tires, how many miles you have now, how they are wearing, noise etc. Have been looking at them for a while now just not sure.
Also I see you are in Dublin, I just moved down to Gahanna in May. Several of the Ohio group that gets together are in the area if you ever want to stop by

The tires have been great. Right now I have about 23,000 miles on them and you certainly wouldn't know it looking at them. They have little ribs on the side of the tread blocks probably 1/16'' apart, and I'm just now at the first line. With that said, I am a fairly aggressive driver, so I'm not necessarily taking it easy on them on road. For what its worth, they corner fairly decent for what they are, though the Liberty doesn't hold a candle to my car. For pressure, I've mostly been running them around 50psi.

I did have some issue with the right front tire feathering on the inside edge a bit. As it turns out I had a wheel bearing going bad, and I did get it aligned also to see if that was the issue. When they were first put on, there was a slight hum and they have picked up noise since, but it may or may not be due to the feathering. All in all, I do not think they are too loud and I drive 30mi each way to work every day.

As far as conditions go, they have seen a lot of(way too much really) pavement, sand/dirt, rocky terrain, light mud, snow and ice. They are fantastic in snow, I had zero issues going anywhere, blizzard or not. Sand and dirt they didn't leave much to be desired either, I was able to do things in 2wd that I needed 4wd for before. They have only seen a very small amount of mud, but had no issues. I was quite impressed with them on a few rocky trails i was on, they didn't slip one bit as I had to back up a trail halfway down the hill as around a bend there was a huge boulder in the middle of the trail. Climbed backward up the hill and over the berm without issue.

Cliff Notes: I'd definitely buy these again, I have been extremely happy.

Nice to know there are others in the area, I also spend some time in New Albany. If you guys get together, let me know.

Last edited:

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little cleaning today, hope to get the grille on tomorrow