Are the 2006 and 2007 models the same?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing major unless you have rocky mountain or any special editions.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Nothing major unless you have rocky mountain or any special editions.

is this meaning that they have no major changes from 06-07 besides the special editions

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.
It depends on which part you want to get. Although parts are different, they should fit with slight modification.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
2007 is the first model year of the Liberty of which you cannot tell the MY simply by giving it a decent look around.

2007s have a new engine cooling system, and of course the lack of a transmission dipstick. I haven't noticed much else other than a new trim level, the Latitude Edition.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok yeah i just looking for simple stuff like brush guard,bull bar, hitches, window visors, tow hooks front and rear and the cargo cover but everything i go to don't have an 2007 option it stops at 06

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of those parts can be had used off people that get new cars or upgrade parts since they last forever. I have a spare rear tow hook sitting in the garage here from when I needed to put on a trailer hitch to move.

My front hooks, roof rack crossbars, deflectors, rock rails...most everything was second hand and in great condition.

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BIGGEST difference between 06 and 07 is that 07's have an Electronic Throtle vs a cable throttle... When you start it up A little light illuminates on the dash with a Lighting Bolt shape in it... Gas pedal has better response in my opinion!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06LibertySSE said:
The BIGGEST difference between 06 and 07 is that 07's have an Electronic Throtle vs a cable throttle... When you start it up A little light illuminates on the dash with a Lighting Bolt shape in it... Gas pedal has better response in my opinion!
Until it goes out then your up a s^&t creek,I'd rather have the direct link cable anyday.Less crap to go wrong.

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive by wire technology has been out for ten years, it was one of the few things on my corvette that never gave me any problems.Of all the electronic gizmos out it is the one I would worry least about. Now doing away with the auto ****** dipstick really ticks me off.The inability to check all fluid levels gives me an uneasy feeling, especially since I have a policy to never visit the stealership service dept.s unless absolutely necessary.Everytime I open the hood and note that there is no dipstick it reminds to bendover because sooner or later the stealership is going to stick it to me.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like my wire. Better response with electronic?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I haven't driven the 3.7L with the new electronic throttle... which I COMPLETELY forgot about.

Supposedly... it offers better and quicker response.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
hyedipin said:
I haven't driven the 3.7L with the new electronic throttle... which I COMPLETELY forgot about.

Supposedly... it offers better and quicker response.

How does it transfer? pressure sensor? isn't there still a wire, or is it like a lever thing? Quicker response.. i think electronic needs more time to transfer data, so physical wire that pulls the fuel injector or whatever it does might be a split second faster..

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well my gas pedal isn't really a pedal... it's connected to a computer, which sends a signal to another computer, connected to the throttle body.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Well my gas pedal isn't really a pedal... it's connected to a computer, which sends a signal to another computer, connected to the throttle body.

when you open your knee bolster, there is no wire?
I am sure things are more computer now than mechanical, but can you check that? Maybe that wire is connected to the electronic throttle?