Are my tires too small?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a picture of a KJ with 245/70/r16 tires WITH a lift kit. I had to buy tires about a month ago because they were terrible. This summer I would like to buy a lift kit, but I don't want to lose my investment on the tires. I pretty much just wanna know if it will look good with those tires or if the tires will look too small with a lift. I tried searching for this combination, but I couldn't find a picture anywhere.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Run what you got till they are done then get some "bigger" tires.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All kinds of pics out there that I have posted with lifts and 245-70s but I'll scare some up so you don't hurt yourself searching for them :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
all of these are 3.25 to 3.5 inch lifts and 245-70 tires that have been done in my garage. All are 927 front springs with 1/4 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis with two extra upper iso's in the rear in case you're wondering. Normal OME lift would sit over an inch lower for reference
You must be registered for see images attach

silver one

those will get you started

Last edited:

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow...those tires look tiny when lifted like that. guess i'm definitely going with 245/75's. :)

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"It's not how big they are, it's how you use them"...or something to that effect.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not everyone has the money to do it all at once so they start with the lift, all of these were mostly right after they backed out of my garage

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 245/70-16 on and added just the OME/Bilstiens...with the wheels spaced out another 1.5" it looked perfect. Now this weekend I added the two more isos to the rear on each side...still need to do the front. It looks silly. My wheels look like I took them off a skateboard. So, id say wait to add the additional frankenlift stuff till you can get some bigger tires. Luckily I have some extra cash handy and will be getting some Duratracs thanks to Toms review on LOST

Latest posts

Members online