ARB Bumper Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slugger103

Reaction score
I had them, but long lost, can pretty much walk you through it though not that hard
Just make sure you have upgraded suspension before hand
Have seen people try to mount an ARB with stock suspension :) yes funny sitting on the bumpstops

That's correct. Going to get 927's up front with new struts BEFORE the ARB bumper.

Sometime next year, when I get the bumper in the driveway I'll take a look at how it hooks up and I "assume" there might be instructions that come with the bumper. I think I'll need to modify the front fender flares maybe? Take out my existing fog lights & run the harness out to the new bumper?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's correct. Going to get 927's up front with new struts BEFORE the ARB bumper.

Sometime next year, when I get the bumper in the driveway I'll take a look at how it hooks up and I "assume" there might be instructions that come with the bumper. I think I'll need to modify the front fender flares maybe? Take out my existing fog lights & run the harness out to the new bumper?
Yes you have to cut the front section off the flares
927s work if only bumper and no winch ran mine ( the 04 ) like that ( 927s up front ) for almost 100,000 miles
and yes on new "SHOCKS" up front use either OME or Bilstein ( struts are used on vehicles without upper control arms)

Slugger103

Reaction score
927s work if only bumper and no winch ran mine ( the 04 ) like that ( 927s up front ) for almost 100,000 milesand yes on new "SHOCKS" up front use either OME or Bilstein ( struts are used on vehicles without upper control arms)

I thought 927's were the heaviest duty OME springs you can get for the liberty? I will be adding a winch (one of the main reasons for having that bumper). 790's instead?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought 927's were the heaviest duty OME springs you can get for the liberty? I will be adding a winch (one of the main reasons for having that bumper). 790's instead?
790s are the heaviest
927s rated at 400 lb
790s rated at 500 lb
also depends on winch and if steel cable or synthetic line
personally would use synthetic to save weight
927s will work but over time will sag more with the extra weight of winch / steel cable etc
I ran my ARB for 14 years with various lifts when testing them out ( wish I had never been talked out of it :()

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
NOTE ::::
The above instructions are for the 05-07 and a few things are a little different on the 02-04s,
like fog light wiring , but this shows pretty much the way for the 02-04s