ARB Bumper Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking where did you buy your ARB from? I have been looking to get one soon but am hoping to buy one in Canada after my recent Mopar order from the states, Got hit with dollar exchange, Taxes/Duties and whatnot, Would rather buy here so I know what I am actually paying.

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe i forgot this info, that's the most important part!

So I was in the same boat, I phoned around every place i could think of in the lower mainland that i thought could get their hand on ARB.

North Shore off-Road - Rip-OFF @ about $1700
Jeep Thrills Maple Ridge - $1700
Cap-IT - Rip-OFF @ about $1800
Northridge 4x4 (AB) - Good price, about $1300 but they also wanted $400 for shipping, so that was a NO.
(Since you're in Alberta, this may be the best bet for you)

Big Country Customs in Abbotsford - Really glad I found this place. $1365 all in. Lowest price I found in BC. I will definitely go back to this place for future mods, great place to deal with.
4x4 Parts Canada- 4x4 Truck Parts - Toyota 4x4 Parts - Jeep 4x4 Parts | Big Country Customs

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe i forgot this info, that's the most important part!

So I was in the same boat, I phoned around every place i could think of in the lower mainland that i thought could get their hand on ARB.

North Shore off-Road - Rip-OFF @ about $1700
Jeep Thrills Maple Ridge - $1700
Cap-IT - Rip-OFF @ about $1800
Northridge 4x4 (AB) - Good price, about $1300 but they also wanted $400 for shipping, so that was a NO.
(Since you're in Alberta, this may be the best bet for you)

Big Country Customs in Abbotsford - Really glad I found this place. $1365 all in. Lowest price I found in BC. I will definitely go back to this place for future mods, great place to deal with.
4x4 Parts Canada- 4x4 Truck Parts - Toyota 4x4 Parts - Jeep 4x4 Parts | Big Country Customs

Thanks for the info, Northridge 4X4 it will be, About a 400km Trek to pick it but what's a tank of gas and a burger compared to paying shipping.

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bumper was a lot bigger than I expected too. With the back seats down, it protruded to the center of the front cab, just past the drivers seat. FYI - Bring some tie downs with you!

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could use this Calcityrenegade,

New KinekPoint in Babb, Montana | Ship to the Border

It's a little further than I have to travel for my parcel pickup service here in Manitoba, but It may be better in the long run for you(or maybe not, you would have to price compare of course). Taxes of course are inevitable whichever way you decide, but a lot of times it's way cheaper in the long run. I will usually place several orders for different vehicles of ours and make one trip once or twice a year. My wife and I grab our coffees and go, short little road trip for us. Another way is if you know someone going down there anyway, buy them a little something or a twenty for there troubles, square up taxes and fees and everyone is happy!

Bert

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I don't believe you have to worry about Duties bringing this into Canada. ARB is an Australian manufacturer, but the bumper I ordered was made in the USA, therefore NAFTA applies and no duties. Just keep in mind the cost of shipping - This item is only 100lbs but a courier will charge you for cubic weight, which comes out to just over 900lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_20141205_151543_154.jpg
    IMG_20141205_151543_154.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There she be

Attachments

• IMG_20150128_170757_598.jpg
    IMG_20150128_170757_598.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20150128_170908_806.jpg
    IMG_20150128_170908_806.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I look forward to pulling the trigger on mine one of these days, New home, furnace, transmission and 1 year old have trumped the ARB.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The bumper was a lot bigger than I expected too. With the back seats down, it protruded to the center of the front cab, just past the drivers seat. FYI - Bring some tie downs with you!

I drove over 300 miles back home after buying my used one back in 05. Couldn't see the wife the whole way back....she was very unhappy :icon_lol:

604KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove over 300 miles back home after buying my used one back in 05. Couldn't see the wife the whole way back....she was very unhappy :icon_lol:

LOL! Exactly what I experienced, except for only 60 miles

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I drove over 300 miles back home after buying my used one back in 05. Couldn't see the wife the whole way back...
ARB could probably sell a few more of them if they mentioned that in their advertising. Some guys might never even get around to installing them. :icon_lol:

Slugger103

Reaction score
I've been considering buying an ARB bumper for my 2004 KJ Limited. The OP's link for the install instructions is now a dead link. Anyone else out there have a copy they can share?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been considering buying an ARB bumper for my 2004 KJ Limited. The OP's link for the install instructions is now a dead link. Anyone else out there have a copy they can share?
I had them, but long lost, can pretty much walk you through it though not that hard
Just make sure you have upgraded suspension before hand
Have seen people try to mount an ARB with stock suspension :) yes funny sitting on the bumpstops