Anyone with an 02 (RFE) 4x4 Liberty able to check something for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turbodave

Reaction score
Reference this post:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30857&page=4

Ok, I'm gathering a few little things I seem to not have (LH rear mount for front axle for example), and checking over other areas that need clarifying before doing this conversion - and this is where I need some help!

There is a plug on the transfer case - that tells the dash lights when it is in 4x4 mode... Naturally, I don't have this.

I am wondering if someone could crawl under their 4x4 and follow the wire and tell me where it ends. I have a sneaky feeling it'll feed into the 45RFE Trans loom, which basically means I ain't changing that - and will have to accept that my liberty will be 4wd, but I won't have a dash lamp.

There is of course a (slim) chance that it is a seperate loom piece that I can purchase and add in, and everything will be hunky dory.

If all else fails, I'll manually wire the idiot light in on the dash to come on when 4x4 is engaged - I'd just appreciate one of you good fellas taking a peek at the underside of yours.

:D

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but you're not the DHP Turbo Dave, are you? If you don't know what DHP is, don't ask, you're not who I think you may be ;)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, my bad Dave - guy in MI from a GM community I was on went by "turbo Dave"....he was doing some crazy modifications like you are - swapped a typhoon/syclone drivetrain into an S-10, turboed a 4th Gen camaro. Thought maybe you were him ;-)

Good luck with the swap, I look forward to seeing the progress/status reports.

turbodave

Reaction score
oh well, that makes life simpler - or maybe more complex as I'll ultimately want the light to work if it is in 4x4!!!

Members online