Anyone running Bilstein shocks with Ironman Springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

featherlight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just browsing the JBA site, looking at suspension. I was originally thinking of doing the Ironman 1.5" HD kit ($813), but then some quick math showed that a set of Bilstein shocks + Ironman HD springs is $698. Is anyone already using this setup? Does that combo ride better than the full Ironman kit? I'm not so interested in lift, more in ride quality.

I'm guessing that the Ironman springs will still give it some lift over the stock height. Would JBA's 2.5" SS Brake Lines work in lieu of doing the brake line relocation? The whole setup would be $978, and would have the added benefit of the SS lines.

Here are the parts I'm looking at (links):
Bilstein Front
Bilstein Rear
Ironman Springs Front
Ironman Springs Rear
SS Brake Line kit (for '07 KJ)

Any input or advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just browsing the JBA site, looking at suspension. I was originally thinking of doing the Ironman 1.5" HD kit ($813), but then some quick math showed that a set of Bilstein shocks + Ironman HD springs is $698. Is anyone already using this setup? Does that combo ride better than the full Ironman kit? I'm not so interested in lift, more in ride quality.

I'm guessing that the Ironman springs will still give it some lift over the stock height. Would JBA's 2.5" SS Brake Lines work in lieu of doing the brake line relocation? The whole setup would be $978, and would have the added benefit of the SS lines.

Here are the parts I'm looking at (links):
Bilstein Front
Bilstein Rear
Ironman Springs Front
Ironman Springs Rear
SS Brake Line kit (for '07 KJ)

Any input or advice is appreciated.

So looking for ride quality but looking at using a cheaper shock??
Use the full Ironman kit, shocks are tuned to the springs.
The lower / cheaper Bilstiens while good are not better than the Ironman
I have installed about every combination there is including many bilstiens with OME/ Ironman etc.
When I tested the full Ironman kit it rode great
as for the brakelines just need a bracket ( to lower the lines down) for later models no need to replace all of the brakelines

featherlight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bilstein shocks were originally more expensive than the Ironman shocks on JBA, they are marked down to $106 for front (originally $154) and $75 rear (originally $136). That's why I thought they might be better, but I'm glad I asked and I was hoping you would chime in seeing as how you have handled all these setups at some point.

Buying the Ironman HD kit tonight. Stopping at Lowes tomorrow for brackets.
Thanks.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use bilstein shocks with ironman, I actually like the setup better than the OME I had on it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree that I liked the Ironman somewhat better than OME
501 who got the Ironman after I was done with it had OME before and when we switched him over he liked the ride and handling better as well

Now if buying the upgraded Bilstiens in changes my answer somewhat but hard to beat a full Ironman kit with shocks matched to the springs
make sure you buy the HD springs