Any more parts addicts out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When frequenting my local "pull a part" salvage yard, I am prone to buy parts for possible future needs, especially if the part is expensive and the one I am buying is nearly new. I am talking about buying used parts at 10 cents or less on the dollar for new parts. Examples: almost new upper rear control arm ($20), seats with upholstery matching my Libby, suspension parts, etc. The down side is that I end up storing parts. My wife says I am a parts addict. The upside is that as parts become hard to find as vehicles age, I always get my money back by selling the parts after no longer owning the vehicle they were bought for. I try to keep the parts out of my wife's view but am not always successful. I could remind her that she has over 100 pairs of shoes but choose not to open that discussion. Oh well, married life. Any more parts addicts out there or am I alone with this "sickness"?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Does extra heads, engine parts, calipers, brake pads, suspension parts, skids, radios, aftermarket bumpers etc count?
Ask anyone who's been to my garage knows:icon_lol:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just at the local Pull-A-Part yesterday. They had 5 KJ's there mostly pretty well cleaned out. Did pick up some interior panels that were clean and unscratched to replace some dinged-up panels in mine.

Was this close to getting rear leather seats out of one but the headrests were gone and I'm having back surgery in a few weeks. Don't think my wife would appreciate me pulling up lame (again) while grabbing parts for the Jeep :ROFLJest:

Yea, I'm not in the Reverend's league but I love having extra parts :waytogo:

Bob

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the same way but it has been difficult for my Renegade. I just checked Pick N Pull's website and there is not even one Liberty within 200 miles of me. Kijiji and Craigslist is sparse with most Liberty's having severe damage. Plus mine is Cactus Green with black interior and manual transmission which has made things even harder to find.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Was just at the local Pull-A-Part yesterday. They had 5 KJ's there mostly pretty well cleaned out. Did pick up some interior panels that were clean and unscratched to replace some dinged-up panels in mine.

Was this close to getting rear leather seats out of one but the headrests were gone and I'm having back surgery in a few weeks. Don't think my wife would appreciate me pulling up lame (again) while grabbing parts for the Jeep :ROFLJest:

Yea, I'm not in the Reverend's league but I love having extra parts :waytogo:

Bob

Should of grabbed it, I think I have a pair of headrests floating around

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I am the same way but it has been difficult for my Renegade. I just checked Pick N Pull's website and there is not even one Liberty within 200 miles of me. Kijiji and Craigslist is sparse with most Liberty's having severe damage. Plus mine is Cactus Green with black interior and manual transmission which has made things even harder to find.
Last time I was there a few years ago, There are tons KJ's here in Maple Ridge BC, they got most stuff, if you are really after something special, call them or PM me, and if I get a chance I can stop in & take a pic of what they do have, in your needs..
Link: Jeep Parts, CJ YJ TJ XJ Grand Cherokee - Garys Auto Wrecking

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be happy to store parts for anybody...I'll attach them to the KJ so I know RIGHT where they are! :happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does extra heads, engine parts, calipers, brake pads, suspension parts, skids, radios, aftermarket bumpers etc count?
Ask anyone who's been to my garage knows:icon_lol:

How 'bout that lugnut collection :happy175:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Anyone need any 1984 Audi 4000s Quattro parts? I have everything but the wooden drivers door and bent unibody. An out-of-sight project involving 2.5 Audis and 1 innie.

Got bike parts?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone need any 1984 Audi 4000s Quattro parts? I have everything but the wooden drivers door and bent unibody. An out-of-sight project involving 2.5 Audis and 1 innie.

Got bike parts?

You mean like real bike parts...Like Harley?
Well of course , but mainly all shovels, some knuckle and pan parts is it anymore

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

MAKER OF CRD SERVICEABLE THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLIES
Reaction score
Salvage yards...

Hello, Fellows... try finding a Liberty CRD in a salvage yard. I looked areound about 2 years ago and the closest one to Edmonton, Alberta was in Nanaimo, British Columbia 700 miles away.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, Fellows... try finding a Liberty CRD in a salvage yard. I looked areound about 2 years ago and the closest one to Edmonton, Alberta was in Nanaimo, British Columbia 700 miles away.

Can't help you with a CRD but I'd travel 700 miles just for a Nanaimo bar. One of the best desserts I've ever had :licklips:

Bob

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
You mean like real bike parts...Like Harley?
Well of course , but mainly all shovels, some knuckle and pan parts is it anymore

Shovel is in the jeep, knuckles are dragging, pan parts are in the kitchen.

Bike parts are English, German, and a Japanese. Not "real" bike parts to you but "really" bike parts to me.

Sold my Hardley Buellison this summer.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like anytime I have a few bucks that could go for spare auto parts I buy another gun.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online