Airbag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any theory as to why an airbag light would only show in warm weather? I will get the code read at some point soon but just wondering if anyone out there could propose a theory. It has done it since last summer. Light was out all fall, winter and most of the spring and then came back for the summer. A couple days ago it was around 45 in the morning and no light until driving about 30 minutes. I did have the harness recall installed while the issue was active so don't think that has anything to do with it.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the code pulled that will tell you
i spent forever chasing connections i thought were bad. only to find it was one of the impact sensors on the radiator support
70$ for test at dealer, then a trip to the junkyard and i was set

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't really put much effort into finding the problem. I figured since the harness recall did nothing it's probably going to be a sensor. All those connections look very good to me. So a visit to the dealer is what I'll have to do. Thanks for the reply.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need the codes to see which airbag is complaining....could be the clock spring if it is the driver's airbag but probably a sensor that is temperature dependent.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need the codes to see which airbag is complaining....could be the clock spring if it is the driver's airbag but probably a sensor that is temperature dependent.

Thanks, I'm also thinking a sensor because of the temperature dependence. I'll update when I get to a dealer for the codes.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I haven't made it to the dealer for a code check just yet but have investigated a few things today. I have an OTC reader that actually does ABS and airbags. Was some clearance item so it was pretty inexpensive and since I have a few older vehicles thought it might have a shot at working. Well it did. I checked the left and right sensors and they passed with no codes. I thought I'd check the M35 "jumper harness" (CBXTM351AC) to ensure it was properly connected when the recall work was done but could not locate it. I had heard it was under the drivers seat but no. I saw a comment it may be under the center console so I removed it (easier than I thought) but don't see anything relevant. Haven't looked in steering column. Started thinking, what the heck does this thing look like? Anyone out there have a pic or can describe it? all searches have failed. I'm going to clean the connectors at the Radiator right now but no codes for those guys anyway. BTW all my other stuff works so I'm leaning toward it not being a clockspring.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!!!

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was the airbag light on when you did the scan? i think it has to be.
?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes light was on when I tried to scan and got a no codes message. Still hoping to get to the dealer for a read but busy week and dealer doesn't have the most convenient hours. I'm a bit suspicious as to whether the harness was installed. I didn't see it near the module under the console??? I'm guessing that's where it'd be but don't have any idea what it would look like. Probably just a short piece with connectors and the "filter" somewhere between?

Latest posts

Members online