Air Compressors....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to improve my the air situation on my '05 Renegade.
Presently have a cheap compact little POS with a cigarette lighter plug and short little hose.
I want to do better, but I'm not sure if I want to mount one onboard, or keep it portable.
I'm looking at two different models with similar spec's and features....

#1 - Warn SPC....$129.99
#2 - Central Pneumatic.....$57.95

I know the Central Pneumatic, being a Harbor Freight product, will be marginal at best quality wise, but it's less than half the price of the Warn SPC.....

I know Warn makes good quality winches, and a few other products, never heard much about the quality of their air compressors, and the cost is more than double of the cheaper Harbor Freight unit.....

looked at a couple from Viair, but they tend to be a little pricey.....

Looking for thoughts, advice and opinions.....?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
harbor freight it up....for the amount of use the small onboard compressors get they will be fine...i work at harbor freight and may be slightly bias but if u get it there and theres ever any problem jus make sure u get that replacement gaurantee on it and ur covered, use a 20% off coupon and get a free flashlight and screwdriver set to go with it and from what ive seen the company is excellent when it comes to replacing shit thats failed with no hassle in-store replacement....so save the money dude HFT FTW!

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
harbor freight it up....for the amount of use the small onboard compressors get they will be fine...i work at harbor freight and may be slightly bias but if u get it there and theres ever any problem jus make sure u get that replacement gaurantee on it and ur covered, use a 20% off coupon and get a free flashlight and screwdriver set to go with it and from what ive seen the company is excellent when it comes to replacing shit thats failed with no hassle in-store replacement....so save the money dude HFT FTW!

Did just that, got the Central Pneumatic 150psi 12v unit that was on sale for $59.99....(reularly $74.99)....paid the $6.00 for the no hassle return.

Deflated one of my tires down to 13psi, hooked this thing up and within a minute it was back up to 35psi.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did just that, got the Central Pneumatic 150psi 12v unit that was on sale for $59.99....(reularly $74.99)....paid the $6.00 for the no hassle return.

Deflated one of my tires down to 13psi, hooked this thing up and within a minute it was back up to 35psi.

You're not going to do much better than that for that price. Sounds like a pretty good little compressor.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

And when you compare the Harbour Freight unit to the Viair 300p
http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/300P.html $180.00 Canadian!
It is the exact same product! (The Viair pictured in the link has an inline fuse holder,
mine had the fuse below the switch. The air filter on my Viair was plastic, just
like the Central Pneumatic compressor and not aluminium!)

I Had both...

And seeing that the Viair is also made in China, I brought the Viair back!
Both of those however, I find the built in pressure gauge to be way off
and I use a real one!

Used it last week when I aired down the tires to 15 psi and went tooling
around on the beach at Pacific City, OR.

Last edited: