Air Bag is on and stays on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sanctuary2kj

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I own a 2002 Jeep liberty Sport 4x4. The Air Bag light come on and stays on. I was wondering what could it be and if it is something that I can do it myself.
Thank you
Jav

2003KJ

Reaction score
It might be a problem with the air bag module. Have you recently jump started the Jeep? A lot of times if the battery's gone dead and it has been jumped the airbag light can come on.

As far as fixing it, disconnecting the battery probably won't have an effect on it. Might have to take this one to the dealer (or somebody who can properly turn it off).

If the light is on for a reason, your airbag module might not be functioning properly, in which case it might not work properly in the event of an accident.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Light

Is it the light in the dash, or the light in the grab bar? You know the passenger seat has an air bladder in it and automatically turns the airbag off (and the light on) is it detects something under 40-60 pounds in the seat.

My backpack and my medium sized dog are enough to get the light to come on.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Is it the light in the dash, or the light in the grab bar? You know the passenger seat has an air bladder in it and automatically turns the airbag off (and the light on) is it detects something under 40-60 pounds in the seat.

My backpack and my medium sized dog are enough to get the light to come on.

2002s don't have the passenger seat airbag cutoff switch... or the light.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a recall on some early '02's for the airbags,might want to check that first.

A bad wire,clock spring,or bad sensor could be at fault.As far as I know the only thing to get info from it would be at a dealership,also that way to clear the code and turn off the light.

Latest posts

Members online