Brake Light stuck on. Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alr61397

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Took the Jeep to get brake light turned off in order to get state inspection done. This is what I was given from mechanic. I can’t find a non abs master cylinder anywhere. Or atleast not specified. Only ones that come up look the same as currently on. Is this right? Any where I can get a NON ABS cylinder? Any other solutions? Any other possible and likely causes? Not to doubt a professional but feeling hopeless at this point.

Background information: The master cylinder was replaced a while ago but then other issues arises so the Jeep sat for a while until recently. Did not notice the light being on when originally replaced but definitely possible. There seems to be zero problems with it so the mechanic very well could be exactly right with it just being an electric issue not turning the light off. But Is it possible the master cylinder is just bad?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Internal piston seal failure can happen, but it was replaced recently? Maybe a bad rebuilt or junkyard replacement?

Maybe try a rebuild kit.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Took the Jeep to get brake light turned off in order to get state inspection done. This is what I was given from mechanic. I can’t find a non abs master cylinder anywhere. Or atleast not specified. Only ones that come up look the same as currently on. Is this right? Any where I can get a NON ABS cylinder? Any other solutions? Any other possible and likely causes? Not to doubt a professional but feeling hopeless at this point.

Background information: The master cylinder was replaced a while ago but then other issues arises so the Jeep sat for a while until recently. Did not notice the light being on when originally replaced but definitely possible. There seems to be zero problems with it so the mechanic very well could be exactly right with it just being an electric issue not turning the light off. But Is it possible the master cylinder is just bad?
What Year/Model is your Jeep?
I hopefully have the Logics for that model and can advise you....I really do not see what the Master Cylinder's resistance has to do with this problem!

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
I really don't understand the diagnostics (but that might just be me.

I'm surprised KJ's have hydraulic brakelight switches but even more so that it's mounted on the MC.

Never known a switch to fail "on", my 1st suspect for that fault would be the parking brake switch being stuck.

Members online

No members online now.