Aftermarket radio for '07 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this radio? Thoughts?
On Evilbay.
You must be registered for see images

Car Android 4 4 GPS Navi DVD Radio for Jeep Grand Cherokee Dodge RAM Chrysler | eBay

I've never seen it before - but I don't think those tabs on the side will fit in the KJ's dash.

There is a Double-DIN kit available at places like Crutchfield.com that you can use to install a DD unit - many of us on here have done it. You have to cut out some of the dash but it's pretty straightforward.

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I did the Double-DIN mod and am glad I did. I got a better in-dash receiver, larger screen, and paid less. It was easy, if you have a tool to cut a couple pieces of hard plastic support material behind the dash. (It supports the factory radio, so no worries about chopping it out.)

One thing I do know about those like the one you linked is that they typically are made in China and often use a non-licensed version of the GPS software and maps. Good luck with updates down the road...

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Double-DIN mod and am glad I did. I got a better in-dash receiver, larger screen, and paid less. It was easy, if you have a tool to cut a couple pieces of hard plastic support material behind the dash. (It supports the factory radio, so no worries about chopping it out.)

One thing I do know about those like the one you linked is that they typically are made in China and often use a non-licensed version of the GPS software and maps. Good luck with updates down the road...

What radio did you get? Do you have a picture? I don't want a huge screen (target) for theft.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it before - but I don't think those tabs on the side will fit in the KJ's dash.

There is a Double-DIN kit available at places like Crutchfield.com that you can use to install a DD unit - many of us on here have done it. You have to cut out some of the dash but it's pretty straightforward.

Bob

It will fit, it has that weird round rectangle profile. My issue with it, where does it come from? Looks like one of those weird Chinese units that promise everything then blow up lol.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I went with. At first I had the AVH-X4800BS which was 380$ liked it, upgraded to the AVIC-8200NEX which is a bit pricey (1,400) and works great. Android auto is now a must have for me it's great. Also has car play

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk