adding OME/Rancho lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
So for the front I got the 17505's and will go with the 790s or 927s? which do you guys recommend.

For the rear skyjackerLIB25r because of their lifetime warranty as stated above. And rsx17004s for the rear, but you say I can use anything off a Durango 98-03, is that stock parts? Am i better off springing for new or will the used off a durango suffice?

OME 927's for the front springs

I would go for new shocks. The Durango shocks will work, just need a couple washers per shock at the top to take some slop out of the mount, otherwise you will squeeze the mount point together to get the bolt to tighten up.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay and I wont need the als upper A arms correct? But what will cause rubbing? Tire size? I dont want to buy them if not necessary, but i dont want to be experiencing all types of issues.

Also, mine would still sit higher than if you were going to put this same exact setup on an 05 since mine is a prelowered 02 correct?

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay and I wont need the als upper A arms correct? But what will cause rubbing? Tire size? I dont want to buy them if not necessary, but i dont want to be experiencing all types of issues.

Also, mine would still sit higher than if you were going to put this same exact setup on an 05 since mine is a prelowered 02 correct?

No...when you change springs the pre lowered measurements go out the window. It will sit the same height as putting it on an '05

Tire size will cause wheel well rub. If you are going to go 245/75/16, then they more than likely rub. Search "pinchweld" in the search box, this will show you how to pound them down...not too much to it.

Now, on some KJ's you may or may not have spring and UBJ contact while in a full suspension droop situation. This is where the UCA's (Al's) will solve that issue. If the BJ and spring contact each other, then the rubber BJ boot will rip open and spew out the precious grease causing premature failure.

I just have the basic 4 spring/shock lift and I have no real issues. I should have extended front bumpstops, I just haven't got around to ordering them yet......having said that, I don't wheel the crap out of my DD.

I don't think you will have many issues with the set up you are going for. Oh yeah, do the 3 ring clevis under the front shocks when you have it apart...it will net you about an inch of lift for free!!

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know about the pinchwelds and will do that also but, Im wondernig about switching to a 245/75 or If i will have less issues at the 245/70 size

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I know about the pinchwelds and will do that also but, Im wondernig about switching to a 245/75 or If i will have less issues at the 245/70 size

245/75's will work just fine...just do the clevis while you have everything apart and you will be fine.

245/70's will be good too...should be no rub with that size.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also how much lift is this setup going to give me? And what can I do to asure I wont have rubbing issues besides the pinch welds?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now what about doing the clevis. Does that cause any issues or no. Should I do a clevis?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Now what about doing the clevis. Does that cause any issues or no. Should I do a clevis?

I would do it when everything is apart. The front will be high when you first get the lift in, but it will settle out and the clevis is a good way to keep the initial height.

3 conduit nuts per shock on the front is the normal everyone usually puts in.

No issues,actually it may help eliminate some tire rub issues.
The nuts are used more for a measurement than a weight bearing spacer.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tommudd...I see we are no longer needed. These young guns have taken over.....sad2.gif

:D
False

Liberty84 said he could make some cnc machine spacers if i did the clevis. Is this better fit than the conduit nuts?

Last edited:

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how high, I wouldnt really be the one doing the main install (im learning)I would just do the recommended height.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:DYeah, i said F it and sprug for some parts.

Maybe one of the mods should comeup with a new thread titlenana.gif

How should i have the cnc machine spacer made and what size? I want to do the highest but most recommended clevis lift setting.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tommudd...I see we are no longer needed. These young guns have taken over.....sad2.gif

:D

After 5 years of preaching the gospel of using OME springs I am ready to retire and let some of the young one's take over. ;):):):):)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
3/8" of an inch will work well
have to take in account and put a groove top to bottom as well to slip over the shock

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on spacers to give it a wider stance? Will it just cause more rubbing? And would I definitely need new A arms with them?

I like the look with them but at the same time I feel the jeeps narrow stance is perfect for trails.