adding OME/Rancho lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear springs and new bump stops. i just ordered 4 hockey pucks for the rear and u can get the tera flex front bumps at most 4x4 sites.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the isolators in addition to the hockey puck mod?is there a real part that can be used inplace of pucks?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...

Hockey pucks are stacked 2 high and fastened to the lower spring perch. The purpose is that when the upper bump stop - kind of a cone-looking rubber thing in the middle of the spring) comes down, it'll hit the hockey pucks and stop the suspension travel. Otherwise, it'd keep going down to the stock position and bottom out your shock. They are purely a safeguard and do nothing for height.

Isolators go on top of the spring. One is there stock...you can add two others (for a total or 3 per side). Each gives about .50" of lift.

Here's a quick summary -

Front "extra boost" items - Top Plate Spacer, Clevis spacer
Front bumpstop - Terraflex
Rear "extra boost" - extra upper spring isolators
Rear bumpstop - 2 hockey pucks or the head of a rubber mallet, cut to fit.

Check out Budke's "How-To" and I think you'll get a good idea of what the rear bumpstop mod does.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure is. Got my 948's ordered this weekend. Got 4 hockey pucks at home in CT waiting for me on Easter. Will be ordering the isolators and bump stops as well. I think liberty84 is going to hook me up with some of his CNC machine Clevis Spacers. I dont think I have the funds to upgrade the A-Arms right away, so my question is should i get the Strut spacer plate set from JBA or no.Would this be the same thing lib84 is making?http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43720

So my final lift would look like.

Front: OME927,RSX 17505, Clevis spacer,Teraflex Bumpstops, top plate?
Rear:OME 948,RSX174004, 4 hockey pucks, 2 isolators each side.

Will be using the 245/70/16 tires i currently have.

Does anyone see a problem, or have any suggestions?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, just as an FYI -

I put the 926/947's on this weekend with a 3/8" front top plate spacer and (1) extra isolator on the rear.

It looks darn near level - I actually may throw another isolator on the rear so it has a little forward rake. I don't want it to have a saggy ass. I don't have pics since it was raining pretty good when I finished it up yesterday and it was getting fairly dark in the garage.

I assume the 927/948 would have a similar type stance.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are the part numbers for the isolators, do i need the upper or lower isolators?