Actual Lift Amount - Lets Compare Fender Heights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Besides new springs and shocks? ... nope :(

unless you can go back in time one month and 21 days... renegotiate the sale .. and get them to cover the cost of your new suspension.

P.S. are you in Midland? .. edit .. lol that's the brand of your CB isn't it? I'll be OK :happy175:

Last edited:

Slava

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides new springs and shocks? ... nope :(

unless you can go back in time one month and 21 days... renegotiate the sale .. and get them to cover the cost of your new suspension.

P.S. are you in Midland? .. edit .. lol that's the brand of your CB isn't it? I'll be OK :happy175:
I got relatively good price but unfortunately I didn't know that I need to bring a measurement tape :)
P.S. More likely I'm in CornerLand :smokin:, yea it is my CB Handheld, not something but OK to begin with

Last edited:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
80613 Km Fresh install
07 KJ Sport
OME 927-948 / Bilstein 916-702 / 0.25" JBA Plates / JBA 4.5 UCA
NO Clevis lift or rear iso added.

All Measurements taken on slight incline in drive way, will measure again for 2000KM update on level.

Before (stock everything, starting to wear front tires on inside, CVs flat): 18 inches all around.

After: 23.5 inches in front, Extremely bad camber, Leaning hard with both front wheels to passenger side, chirping tires going straight, toe was coincidentally also out several degrees on stock alignment. CV's also rumbled when I went for a test drive.

1st trip to alignment shop. 3 tries and not right.
Front: 22.5
Dont' have rear exact, think its 22. Drove for a week suspension, still stiff.

2nd trip to algnment shop after 80963 KM over a couple rough roads and retorqueing everything in the front. Insisted again they stop worrying so much about caster and get the rest in. Gave them an alignment sheet from here and they seemed reasonably happy with that.
Front Left: 22
Front Right: 22
Rear Left: 21.5
Rear Right: 22
Alignment is 0.1 degrees out of camber everything else in factory spec including caster.

Will update after some trips are on the suspension. Ride is better then stock by miles. Stance for front wheels is ~even compared to rear short of measuring across front and rear.

Will decided on adding a rear iso / clevis later after the settlement is complete.

Last edited:

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the magic height number before you run into problems with th CV? I have an 04 Ren and installed the OME/HD a little over a year ago, ~12,000 ago. It is sitting at 21" front both sides. I am running a 245/75 and only get a little rub. I was going to install a 3/8" clevis and 1/4" top plate which should bring me back to about 22", but if this is over 22" will I run into CV problems?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So what is the magic height number before you run into problems with th CV? I have an 04 Ren and installed the OME/HD a little over a year ago, ~12,000 ago. It is sitting at 21" front both sides. I am running a 245/75 and only get a little rub. I was going to install a 3/8" clevis and 1/4" top plate which should bring me back to about 22", but if this is over 22" will I run into CV problems?

If you are at 21 now, Adding a 1/4 inch top plate will put you at 21.5 , now add in the 3/8 inch clevis for another 3/4 of an inch so you're at 22.25
But still no problems at that height like jarhead mentioned you're good up to 23 or so,

AlexGeorgiou

Reaction score
18 1/4 level at 142000 km on stock suspension.
Lift going in tommorow so I'll post the new measurements.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added iso to rear a couple weeks back. 89400 km, almost 9000km since lifted.

Front right 22.5
Front left 22.5
Rear right 22
Rear left 22

Level floor This time half inch higher from first measurement :shrug: going to blame the incline. No pinch weld height measurements. maybe after tires. Has gotten softer since first install. rear rides better with the iso. not sure completly why but seems more cushiony.

Feels broken in but no sag in front. probably lost 0.5 inch in rear but iso put me back.

Strike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 renegade with Frankenlift, JBA UCA, and 93k miles

Front driver: 22"
Front pass: 22.5"
Rear driver: 21"
Rear pass: 20.5"

i don't think im on even pavement either.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spent a couple hours leveling things out - front was a bit too high & my CV's starting making noise last week and the drivers front was a little low. Also I decided I didn't like the 2nd rear iso so I took the extra ones out. Now things are just the way I like it!

Driver FT - 22 1/2"
Pass FT - 22 1/2"
Drivers Rear - 22"
Passenger Rr- 22"

Front has one conduit nut on the drivers side, none on the passenger side (drivers side was 1/4" low.) JBA 1/4" top plate both sides.

Rear now has just one extra top isolator.

Bob

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OME suspension is officially broken in... 20.5" front, 21.5" back, which means an inch to an inch and a half of settling since new. Driver's side is about 0.25" lower (go figure) She still looks good and rides like a champ though :)

Last edited:

meatball71

Reaction score
Daystar 2.5 lift have had it on for a year and is great. It was 159.00 off ebay, the front bushings are a little tricky but all and all it was a easy install.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock suspension with 75K miles measured at 18.25" front driver/passenger. 18.75" rear driver/passenger. can anyone point me to a good lift that would be cheaper than the OME Bilstein route? say the $200-$400 range? i know OME/Bilstein lifts are the best but im only 17 year old kid that works hardly part time.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Stock suspension with 75K miles measured at 18.25" front driver/passenger. 18.75" rear driver/passenger. can anyone point me to a good lift that would be cheaper than the OME Bilstein route? say the $200-$400 range? i know OME/Bilstein lifts are the best but im only 17 year old kid that works hardly part time.

NO!
There is nothing in the $200-$400.00 range.
Save your cash until you CAN afford to buy OME/Bilstein components.
All other lifts in the $200-$400 range are crap.
It took my wife and I three years before we could afford to purchase a real lift.
So you are not alone.
Good things come to those who wait!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Your suspension is already sagged almost an inch, installing spacers( only lift in that range ) would not only ride bad but also would make the springs sag even faster.
Like Ry stated save up and do it one time the right way

NCC-1864

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upgrade from BDS kit to DIY OME lift kit

2004 ,SPORT 122000Km

Before, sagging 2" BDS lift kit
You must be registered for see images

After
You must be registered for see images

Front:OME NS131/ OME790 HD JBA 1/4" strut spacer plate + 3 rings clevis lift
Back: OME N132L / OME948 two rear upper iso.
JBA A-Arm gen 4.5
JBA 3/8" cut off CV joint
sitting at 23" front
and 22" back

running on BFG M/T KM2 31"
with ARB bumper
winch coming this week

Last edited:

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just measured my stock suspension at 93kmi and front is sitting at 17. and rear are both 18.5. It's gonna be awesome with the ome setup!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just measured my stock suspension at 93kmi and front is sitting at 17. and rear are both 18.5. It's gonna be awesome with the ome setup!!
Dang two inches below new stock height
Yes YOU ARE going to love a new lift! LOL