AC problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been having trouble with my AC lately. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Today was one of the days where it wouldn't work. Air comes out, it's just not cold or even cool. I heard a strange sound, like something is cycling on and off, so I looked under the hood and noticed this (see video link). Any ideas if this is normal, or how to fix it? Thanks! :party52:

[YT]HZ_pmHT-lmE[/YT]

Jacob789456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should cycle much, much longer. It could be that your system has a leak and has lost enough pressure to cause the low pressure switch to disengage the compressor clutch to prevent system failure. Ambient temperature has a significant effect on AC system pressure and can be why it only works on some occasions. Pressure goes up with temperature.

E.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess my best bet is to take it in to the shop? If it's just a low charge, would that be relatively inexpensive? I hardly ever use the AC anyway, so I don't want to pump a bunch of money into this.

Latest posts

Members online