AC leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old hunt camp 02 has had a refrigerant leak for a few years now. Previous summers I would just add a can or two of R22 and it would last the whole summer. Now it only lasts a couple days!!! What is the "most likely" culprit??? I think she's on her last leg so I don't want to throw a lot of green at this deer hauler.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not up at the hunt camp so I can't look at it. I was just wondering if there is a specific spot where they all tend to leak and if there's a way to fix it without replacing any major components.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be anything.
could try replacing the o-rings.
might want to replace the expansion line too if you're going to open the system up.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whole AC system is new and I had a leak at the suction line. Replaced the line and o rings. Works good now. Haven't had to recharge over a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R-22 was only used for older commercial and central a/c units, What are you added this too ?

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
r22 It's most likely eating the seals out of the system.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any part of the AC system is prone to leak in a automotive AC system.You need to have it looked at to verify the leak(s).

Depending on what is leaking it could be a few hundred dollar repair to $1500+ repair.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, they did add 134 not r22.

I was going to say.... well there's your problem! lol. .

Typically it is the o-rings and seals that leak. The system needs to be pressurized and UV leak checked to determine where the leak is. No other way around that.. unless you want to go through the entire system and replace every o-ring and then evac it, and recharge. Could waste a lot of time, money, and materials that way.

I'd at least get it into a good AC shop for basic diagnostics first.. then decide if it is worth fixing or leaving alone. AC work can get expensive.

Members online

No members online now.