ABS light on. Where to start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Driftless

Reaction score
The ABS light in our 2005 CRD came on the other day. I have not yet checked to see if the ABS is actually working or not, and I know that is my first step. I have done some online research and I have been pointed in several directions - sensors and pump seem to be the most popular. The speedo is working so I don't believe it is the rear ABS/Speedometer sensor... but I won't rule anything out.

My question is: where do I start? (After checking to see if it actually working or not) Oh, I did just do a brake job a couple of weeks ago pads and rotors on all four corners, but the ABS light just came on so I don't think the two are related.

I did plug in a code reader but it came up clear, so that was no help.

Thanks in advance.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd test it out first. Then try a fuse. Actually, it should be easy to find out if the pump works, should do the grinding thing.

Driftless

Reaction score
I did try to see if the ABS is working... amazing that you can't find a patch of gravel when you want one! No ABS.

I did check the fuse, but only visual. I didn't take time to grab my multimeter. So that will be step one.

I also need to adjust the handbrake so I will have the Jeep up on jack stands, I will check the sensors. Step B.

I guess when I take it in for the recall I can have them pull the ABS code! ;)

Of course this happens just before an overland trip to Montana. At least it happened here in the driveway and not on some mountain fire road descending with a Libby full of gear!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.