ABS/ESP with Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The speed sensor on the rear diff is right on top. Maybe you just yanked the plug out when you were wheeling, easy to do IMO. I was thinking of lengthening the wire honestly on mine.

The front sensors on yours are in the hubs I think. I don't have those so not sure. :happy107:

Detroit TT would be nice.
That sensor is only on '02-'05 KJ's,in '06 they went to a sensor on each wheel corner.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
for documentation purposes... Wyckoff has rear sensors for $8 and fronts for 43 & 37 each ( left and right are different)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
for documentation purposes... Wyckoff has rear sensors for $8 and fronts for 43 & 37 each ( left and right are different)

Do you have part numbers?
I just picked up a whole box full of various sensors I may have some of what you may need, not sure what all is out there

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
he didnt have the part numbers listed there from what i saw ( doesnt mean they arent there) ill get with you once i find if and which of the sensors is toast.

yodejt02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yode.. did you have an aussie or a power trax?

Powertrax. I got mine from Matt on Lost, and had 1996xj install it for me. Almost everyone on in the Ohio forum has one. Getting to see and feel it work first hand, and the fact Matt gave me a good deal on his is what swayed my decision, and I was very happy with it.

So, TJKJ is sayin the speed sensors on an 06 are all in the wheels maybe thats why mine did not have this issue?.....but I think you might be on to somthing with the wire getting pulled out from heavy flex. I would assume the front sensors would have thrown a code before the install if they were bad, but you never know.

If you can afford it go with the DTT, I still like the Powertrax I know about 10 more local people that would agree with me. Even he who should not be named bought a powertrax after his assie exploded.......

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys the True Track should not even be in
the conversation as it is not the same as the others
Others being :
Power trax
Aussie
Detroit locker
The TT will NOT fully lock up like the others will
If you are trying to put it in the mix then you do not know
what you are talking about and should leave it at that

Sorry but some times the truth hurts

yodejt02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow......

I ment the detroit locker, my bad

that being said I'm out this thread is going no where fast :pp:
Not going to get involed in which locker is better, might as well throw the old which oil is better in the mix as well

:Bye:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Left Rear ABS/Speed sensor is bad.. the mount busted and it was rubbing on the gear thingy ( yes i said thingy) inside of the hub.. Order placed with Wyckoff and 2 are on the way for the price that id get one locally.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i dont see anything in post 9 that sais " you busted the tab on your left rear sensor and its being slowly eaten by the sensor gear." :p

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
lights have cleared themselves and cruise control works.. when we took out the sensor and put it back it must have positioned it better.. Wyckoff has processed my order i imagine ill have the parts weds or so.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. But when I go to the doctor and he tells me I'm sick, I find another doctor. I already know I'm sick. I'm at the doctor...

just sayin'

yeah but if you go to the foot doctor and say that you bumped your arm and
think that is the reason why your foot hurts he will tell you that you have
"other problems"
:happy175: