abs brakes weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
friend has a 2004 jeep liberty limited and the abs brakes are acting up. ya put it in gear, start to drive and the first time ya brake the brake pedal fights back maybe like 3 or so pumps back at yer foot. it only does this once after you start but brakes act normal for the rest of your driving.

thoughts?

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know with the two different gm cars I've owned, the abs always tested itself when the engine is started, put in drive, and got to 5 mph. My KJ doesn't have abs, so I can't say anything on it. If their are no codes, it could just be a self test.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
friend has a 2004 jeep liberty limited and the abs brakes are acting up. ya put it in gear, start to drive and the first time ya brake the brake pedal fights back maybe like 3 or so pumps back at yer foot. it only does this once after you start but brakes act normal for the rest of your driving.

thoughts?

You sure it's ABS?