A little help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hillman

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new on here but I have a question which I hope someone can test for me.
I posted this on the general section but I've just noticed the CRD KJ section so perhaps people here will be better placed to assist.

I have a Jeep Cherokee (UK based) so it's the Liberty shape 2003 model which I've had from new. It's a 2.8 CRD. Anyway, it's been great except that recently I'm sensing a few potential problems.

The thing I'd like to test is when the key is in the ignition and turned one click (so all the lights etc come on) I'm sure that I used to hear a small motor noise for a few seconds. If I did (and I can't be sure now) it's now stopped happening. Anyway, could anyone with a similar vehicle just let me know if there is a motor sound or has something gone away that was never there!!

The Jeep still starts although it's running cold and a bit rough at the moment. But as I say I'm sure that when I used to put the key in and turn it once there was a few seconds buzzing sound . . . appreciate any thoughts on this.

Hillman

Reaction score
Thanks, I did read that one! I know that cross posting is bad forum practice so sorry for doing that.