A little confused. Help greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dayspring78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I put the cart before the horse I should probably take another look at it in an evenly paved parking lot. I’ll take some pictures and post them. Best way to check the rear LCAs properly? Also, how do you check for a bent diff housing? Thanks again.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you take it to an alignment place and the rear is out of spec, then its bent as there is no way to adjust it.

could be toe or camber wearing the inside.

any chance its mostly worn from being on the front prior to rotation?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tires look normal to me really
Depends on where they have been run
People think that if a tire is worn off some on the inside for example that putting it on the rear will help.
Guess what, it will still wear down the same,
If say it has 4/32s on the inside and 6/32 rest of the way across , 5000 miles later the inside will be down to say maybe 2/32s and rest 4/32s . They don't " heal "

Dayspring78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I had to attend to some more important matters today, but I did park my Jeep on an even paved parking lot and I looked really quick and the camber looked fine. So, I think I overreacted and was parked in a parking lot that’s sloped. Tomorrow I’ll take it out and park it and snap some pictures now that my other little crisis is adverted.

The tires on my Liberty were pulled off a junked Liberty in a salvage yard. I have no idea how many miles are on them nor do I recall if they looked like they were wearing abnormally. All I can tell you were they were free, held good air and had way more tread than my other tires did.

So, my OCD may have kicked in a little. For that I apologize. :Insane:

Dayspring78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, as I said I overreacted. Back tires are not misaligned nor are they wearing abnormally. After I replace the UCA if I still have the pull left under acceleration, pull right coasting and breaking I’ll replace the LCAs.

I also checked the temperature of my brake rotors. The driver’s front was 160 degrees while the passenger front was 239 degrees and the passenger rear was around 220-230 degrees. I think I found my issue.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dayspring78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys and gals, sometimes all you can really do is shrug and be happy everything worked out ok! I had brand new Cooper Discoverer RTX P245/75 R16’s installed and no more pulling! Now, I have a slight pull while braking but I know what that is! Super happy! Thanks again everyone for the help!

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires look normal to me really
Depends on where they have been run
People think that if a tire is worn off some on the inside for example that putting it on the rear will help.
Guess what, it will still wear down the same,
If say it has 4/32s on the inside and 6/32 rest of the way across , 5000 miles later the inside will be down to say maybe 2/32s and rest 4/32s . They don't " heal "

Well there is Tom busting another "Has to be true, it makes sense" myth!

:happy175:

Jim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.