A few random questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerpaderp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I have been completely absorbed in my new yj project, the kj has been getting tossed on the backburner.. However, I just found a deal that seems pretty damn good and hard to pass up. A guy has an 05 liberty that was in a collision. This thing had a frankenlift, jba control arms, almost new duratracs on steel 16" wheels, skids, and arb bumper, winch, and skids! And he wants 2k for the whole thing. Unfortunately I was the second caller :mad3::emotions122:

However! All is not lost! He took off the bumper, skids, and winch for me and we settled on a a price for them. Depending on condition when I look at them today will determine if I get them. My questions:

My kj has a few modifications that may make the bumper either not work or look weird. I don't have a lift yet, have removed half the fender flares and a nice kind tree removed the rest so I do not have flares. I have pounded the pinch welds and removed the front bumper to make room for 15" soft 8s and 31" wranglers. Also, I moved turn signals to where the fog lights were (I have an 06) and capped off the markers and fogs.

How do yall think the bumper will look without the flares?

Can the stock suspension handle the skids and bumper without a lift or should I store them until I can get some OME parts?

And anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance! And if I could get answers asap that would be awesome since I am leaving today to go see everything a few hours away...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome!!!

The skids you can put on stock, that will not be an issue. I'd wait till you get some OME springs and new shocks before the bumpers and winch though. Get OME CRD springs for the front. Not sure how the bumper would look....just put it on and go from there! Flares shouldn't be hard to come by. BTW...what color is your KJ? If it's a Khaki (light or dark), the flares are a different color...they have some tan in them, not plain gray.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all! I have been completely absorbed in my new yj project, the kj has been getting tossed on the backburner.. However, I just found a deal that seems pretty damn good and hard to pass up. A guy has an 05 liberty that was in a collision. This thing had a frankenlift, jba control arms, almost new duratracs on steel 16" wheels, skids, and arb bumper, winch, and skids! And he wants 2k for the whole thing. Unfortunately I was the second caller :mad3::emotions122:

However! All is not lost! He took off the bumper, skids, and winch for me and we settled on a a price for them. Depending on condition when I look at them today will determine if I get them. My questions:

My kj has a few modifications that may make the bumper either not work or look weird. I don't have a lift yet, have removed half the fender flares and a nice kind tree removed the rest so I do not have flares. I have pounded the pinch welds and removed the front bumper to make room for 15" soft 8s and 31" wranglers. Also, I moved turn signals to where the fog lights were (I have an 06) and capped off the markers and fogs.

How do yall think the bumper will look without the flares?

Can the stock suspension handle the skids and bumper without a lift or should I store them until I can get some OME parts?

And anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance! And if I could get answers asap that would be awesome since I am leaving today to go see everything a few hours away...

It will look like crap without flares and the ARB mounted not being mean, just honest. Get a set of stock flares, maybe his if they are good, chopped up flares and an ARB do not look good together
Stock suspension will never handle it, will be knocking snails off the road way it'll be so low
If no winch OME 927s or the Ironman for aftermarket bumpers etc
With ARB and winch the OME 790s work well

Jerpaderp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick replies! Hoosier, my kj is bedlined on the outside in black, original color is white. The stock flares were black. I will wait until I get the suspension upgrade to mount and ride with everything (still gunna mount the skids and bumper because I have to see it..) I will post pics later today after I am done with that and the yj. I appreciate the responses guys!!

Jerpaderp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking for a how to on the bumper install and have come up with nothing. I saw on another post that tom has pdf? I will send a pm.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive been looking for a how to on the bumper install and have come up with nothing. I saw on another post that tom has pdf? I will send a pm.
:emotions33::emotions33:
get it to you in a little while here