A/C problems with '07? Replace compressor but not a drier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last summer while driving down the highway I noticed that when the compressor would kick in the belt would screech badly and you could feel a power loss. I kept telling SWMBO to bring it in to Jeep to have it checked out, but of course she didn't, she stopped complaining about it and I forgot all about it. Typical leaky roof syndrome. A few months ago I remembered the problem and when we brought it in to have the window regulator fixed the fourth time I Asked Jeep to check it out. They couldnt' find anything wrong. When we brought the Jeep in to have the windows fixed the SIXTH time, I mentioned the A/C to the service manager and he said if he could find evidence of it malfunctioning he'd have it fixed before our warranty expires in 3k miles. Oddly, that night the A/C quit for about two or three minutes while driving, first time in months. SWMBO brought the car in and they replaced the compressor/clutch since there was obvious foreign material gumming up the front of the clutch. They did NOT replace the drier. I was not there to contest this omission.

The tech said the compressors are a known problem. IS that true? Should I raise hell that they didn't replace the drier?

I told the service manager that I'd never buy another Jeep again...this thing is one steaming heap of shit.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They only changed the clutch not the compressor so no change of the dryer is needed.

Latest posts

Members online