5x8 trailer behind a Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a trailer! Woohoo!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I was going to start with a blank and build it up myself but found this on Craigslist. It has solar panels on the roof and a 12v system with lights... :)

Bluefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need the walls insulated just to keep the heat out there, those things become hothouses in the summer

We live on the coast, literally, on a cliff :) so pretty moderate. But camping in the mountains and stuff I'm sure it will see more extreme temperatures so would be worth it.

Any ideas of what to insulate with?

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need the walls insulated just to keep the heat out there, those things become hothouses in the summer

Especially Black!!!

We live on the coast, literally, on a cliff :) so pretty moderate. But camping in the mountains and stuff I'm sure it will see more extreme temperatures so would be worth it.

Any ideas of what to insulate with?

I'd look around for somebody specializing in "foamed in place".

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either spray foam as bob said or those insulated panels you can get then size them in yourself.

Bluefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either spray foam as bob said or those insulated panels you can get then size them in yourself.

Cool. Sounds like a good improvement to make :)

I also plan to add a water tank and a water heater for a sink and shower. Been looking at what others have done online and getting ideas!

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I like the little trailers. Had a couple guys from MN summer at my cabin with their small trailers. A lot of imagination and comforts.

I have a 2 axle 14' trailer that I insulated with styrofoam, (foil on one side). Added a layer of reflectix bubble-wrap which will someday be covered with cheapo-ugly panelling ripped from the house. Worked very well as a ham shack checkpoint for some dog sled races. Heated with an electric oil radiator heater set on medium for days at 10°. Got a tiny woodstove from a sailboat to install someday. My trailer is a bit too big and heavy for convenient towing and camping.

Spray foam insulation can be incredibly flammable and the fumes are toxic. Burned some foam trimmings in a burn barrel and couldn't get closer than 10'. Huge heat and black clouds, no oxygen.

Last edited:

Bluefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good advice about flammability and foam turblediesel, thanks! Those tiny little wood stoves you mention are really cool. Have a friend who uses one to heat the old school bus he lives in and it works great.

Thanks for the nice comments! I am really stoked to get out camping in this :)

I joined Tventuring too! Thanks everyone! I'll keep this thread updated as I make changes and improvements!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.