4wd loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gingerjeep

Reaction score
My 2007 liberty limited edition got stuck on 4wd low. the lever was up but when i tried to put it down it was hard. so i pushed it hard and it came loose. somebody knows how to fix it?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely small plastic clip on the linkage possibly.
Could of been it wasn't used much and was partly rusted or something

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lever should push down gingerly! Sorry, I just hadda....lol
Your linkage and/or cable got stiff or stuck, and by forcing the lever down, you more than likely popped the clip and cable end off the lever. It happens. You need to get beneath the console to do some exploring. Do a search here, someone just recently posted a thread, with pictures, on the very same thing.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to remember when shifting from 4Lo to Part Time or 2WD is the lever has to be moved to the left, and then pushed down. There is a "gate" to prevent the driver from pulling the handle up all the way into 4Lo. So shifting out of 4Lo requires a move to the left and then down.

Try moving the handle to the left and down and see if the transfer case releases 4Lo.

Bob