4.10s in a 2006 3.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because you have the tools doesn't make it easier. Setting up diffs is not something you just buy the tools and do it. There are tricks to setting them up properly. I used to be able to do 9 inch and 44s in my sleep almost but got out of doing them and wouldn't even attempt to do one now . ( worked in Ford Dealership doing all diffs and C4/ C6 rebuilds at the time) Thats why I bought the parts and had a Jeep tech do my rear diff on the side , he did it all the time and had it up and running in no time.

Just my opinion:shrug::icon_lol:

exactly the answer i was looking for, my uncle knows his stuff very well but most of the work he has done has been on solid axles, and truck axles. so it looks like i am better off spending the cash on labor than on specialty tools. now i just have to start making phone calls.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your uncle "knows his stuff" he can do it all. Its the same tools i use for the IFS diffs as well as D30, D44, 8.25.

But do it right the first time and you will save money bot fixing it.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take it easy tex. i'm not here to get into a ******* match. and so far your posts in this thread have contributed nothing, so feel free to leave.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take it easy tex. i'm not here to get into a ******* match. and so far your posts in this thread have contributed nothing, so feel free to leave.
Are you talking to me?

Considering i do diff work for a living and have regeared about a dozen or so d30a i might have something to contribute.....but what do i know, im from TEXAS

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like i said, not here to get into a ******* match.

i dont care what you do for a living, or what you MIGHT have to contribute, the fact is you have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread.

thanks again for a wildly informative post.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like i said, not here to get into a ******* match.

i dont care what you do for a living, or what you MIGHT have to contribute, the fact is you have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread.

thanks again for a wildly informative post.

You are a *******, I wasnt aware you were the thread contributions ****. good luck in your re-gear hope your diff dont blow up, or maybe i do....

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are a *******, I wasnt aware you were the thread contributions ****. good luck in your re-gear hope your diff dont blow up, or maybe i do....

if at anytime you realize how idiotic you are acting, feel free to step away from the keyboard.

again i didn't mean to offend you with anything i said, i just asked some simple questions that required simple answers. i hope that you treat future members with a bit more respect. I am sure that you have plenty of expertise on the subject matter on regearing a dana 30a, which could make you a very valuable member of the forum. but when you contribute nothing, that is exactly what you are worth.

as far as my new title of "thread contributions ****", yea i am all for people contributing to a discussion with knowledge, experience, or insight. that is sort of the point of these fancy forums. so when you contribute nothing and act like a sarcastic d-bag, don't be surprised when comebody calls you out for it. next time it would be better to just chill out and get back on topic, or as i said before, leave that thread.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firtst time since i have had my KJ (2007) that i have been attacked for replying to a post.....wow.

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firtst time since i have had my KJ (2007) that i have been attacked for replying to a post.....wow.

Mods please delete my account on this fourm, im done with it.

nobody is attacking you for replying to a post, i merely asked you to contribute to a thread or refraign from posting in it...and you do realize if you don't want to be on a forum anymore you can simply chose not to log in right? you don't have to ask to be deleted from the matrix.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nobody is attacking you for replying to a post, i merely asked you to contribute to a thread or refraign from posting in it...and you do realize if you don't want to be on a forum anymore you can simply chose not to log in right? you don't have to ask to be deleted from the matrix.
So how is this not contributing to the thread?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK a free beer for anyone on this thread to sit down by the woodstove in the corner and chill out a moment .
Of course you have to be near my place to partake...................and bring the woodstove, plus wood,.....:shrug:
Ah heck never mind ..............
Its after 12:00 PM, everyone grab a drink of your choice and relax:happy175:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful Tom your not contributing! Oops neither am I:shrug::shrug::icon_twisted::emotions34: :happy175:

Except maybe some humor!

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know exactly how long it will take.

The dealership quoted me about 6 hours of labor for each axle. I suspect that the kid (he looked about 12) just looked it up on alldata (I asked for a quote to build the front axle using a donor housing and to do the work on the rear)

I doubt that he asked a tech anything. unless the front axle is a major PITA I don't see it taking as long to build on a bench as the rear axle would in the vehicle, but I could be wrong.

other shops quote about 3 hours to build an axle on a bench.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most places seem to want to charge about 3 hours to remove front diff ( can be done in 45 minutes or so ) So add that time on top of how long they charge per each diff .

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I ordered the Truetrac, I have been debating spending the $$$ and re-gearing, but just not sure I need it. Is less than .3 of a point lower gear really worth the expense? Just asking, as I can see maybe a half point and doing it. Since I have gone to 265/70's, I didn't notice a huge drop in acceleration.

In fact I thought it would be a lot worse than it is and it will hold 5th gear really well at 70 unless I hit a long grade. Heck, my speedo is only off around 2-4 miles per hour at freeway speeds with these tires which I believe are the same diameter as 245/75's.

Maybe I've just been around Suzuki Samurai's and Sidekicks too long. Those things REALLY need gear when you go with larger tires. 5.13's weren't enough in my Sidekick but were stock and as steep as you can go. :thumbsdown:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since I ordered the Truetrac, I have been debating spending the $$$ and re-gearing, but just not sure I need it. Is less than .3 of a point lower gear really worth the expense? Just asking, as I can see maybe a half point and doing it. Since I have gone to 265/70's, I didn't notice a huge drop in acceleration.

In fact I thought it would be a lot worse than it is and it will hold 5th gear really well at 70 unless I hit a long grade. Heck, my speedo is only off around 2-4 miles per hour at freeway speeds with these tires which I believe are the same diameter as 245/75's.

Maybe I've just been around Suzuki Samurai's and Sidekicks too long. Those things REALLY need gear when you go with larger tires. 5.13's weren't enough in my Sidekick but were stock and as steep as you can go. :thumbsdown:
Totally worth it in the long run
TwoBobs is running 265-70s in his with 4.10s

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll talk to our local rearend/driveshaft guy and see what he will charge. I'm sure it would be an improvement. Too bad they don't have 4.30's or so available.

Members online