3.7l donut gaskets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI the exhaust changed with the transmission, I believe. 45RFE's have vertical cats and 42RLE's have the horizontal ones and the different setup. Not sure where that third cat comes into play though (although that doesn't matter here).

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI the exhaust changed with the transmission, I believe. 45RFE's have vertical cats and 42RLE's have the horizontal ones and the different setup. Not sure where that third cat comes into play though (although that doesn't matter here).

This is where it gets goofy. My '03 has the vertical cats, though others with the same year have different cats on theirs. The Y-pipe on mine attaches to the cat/downpipe with V-clamps but others tell me their '03 attaches with bolts. I don't get it :help:

The third cat is unmonitored and is just in front of the muffler. It can be removed and no codes will be thrown and it won't affect drivability. However if you're in a state with mandatory inspections that may be a problem.

Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where it gets goofy. My '03 has the vertical cats, though others with the same year have different cats on theirs. The Y-pipe on mine attaches to the cat/downpipe with V-clamps but others tell me their '03 attaches with bolts. I don't get it :help:

The third cat is unmonitored and is just in front of the muffler. It can be removed and no codes will be thrown and it won't affect drivability. However if you're in a state with mandatory inspections that may be a problem.

Bob

After MEPs tomorrow I'm dropping the y pipe taking the original gaskets off and going to autozone and say give me what matches

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After MEPs tomorrow I'm dropping the y pipe taking the original gaskets off and going to autozone and say give me what matches
While as much as I like your plan... I had to air chisel mine out in pieces....

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that was not fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtang3

Reaction score
Hi, my car has the similar problem as your car. After the mechanic replaced the passenger side cat, I found the exhaust leak from the connection point which between cat and engine. I cannot use AC when I stop the car, since the exhaust comes into the vehcile. I don't konw what kinds of gasket I need to seal it. Could you give me some suggestions?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, my car has the similar problem as your car. After the mechanic replaced the passenger side cat, I found the exhaust leak from the connection point which between cat and engine. I cannot use AC when I stop the car, since the exhaust comes into the vehcile. I don't konw what kinds of gasket I need to seal it. Could you give me some suggestions?
I think your 'mechanic' should fix that..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online