3.5" Econo lift hits rock bottom on the rear

Discussion in 'Lift Kit Discussion' started by Hunter Toth, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Damwan

Damwan New Member

hey Hunter,
    What rear spring is that you are running in this picture? and I read your specs for your KK, did you install a custom longer drive shaft and if so, did you have to install custom/adjustable rear upper and lower control arms? I hav ea 2008 KK and I am ready for a lift, just doing some research.

Damwan

2. Hunter Toth

Hunter Toth Member KJ Supporting Member

In that picture i was running the JBA 4" rear lift springs, sadly they dont make them anymore

because my springs were pretty beat up for running them without bump stops, i found a company in Cali that has tons of available springs and I took a shot in the dark and bought some

[​IMG]

https://www.thespringstore.com/pc625-4687-12800-ot-14000-cg-n-in.html

[​IMG]

They are a little shorter than i wanted (JBA was closer to 15") but becsuse they are stiffer i get the same ride height. I do have a full steel bumper with filled gas can, highlift, and tire though so you might want to lower the rate if you have less weight. It rides freaking awesome though

I do have a custom driveshaft, not for length though. The stock one was fine

http://www.alldrivelines.com/2008-2...rive-shaft-conversion-new-no-core-servicable/

The stock one has a larger diameter and after i had my gas tank skid installed it started rubbing against it. Plus my driveshaft was factory and is non servicable so i though this serviceable one would be worth it

I still have stock upper and lower rear control arms. i did replace the pass side upper and lower because they had rust holes!

For the rear basically you need some longer springs, longer shocks, bump stop extensions, possibly brake lines, possibly track bar, id reccomend ext rear sway bar links (i think the teraflex for the front of a JK might work, im still looking into that)

3. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Do it right, read up on a 2.5 inch OME 927/731 spring lift with either Bilstein or OME shocks etc

4. Damwan

Damwan New Member

Summit Racing sells Eibach Coilover springs (see screen shot and link below) that are a great alternative.

upload_2020-9-26_14-59-35.png

https://www.summitracing.com/search...over-spring-rate-lbs-in:250-lbs-in_300-lbs-in

5. Hunter Toth

Hunter Toth Member KJ Supporting Member

Oh, nice! I would be concerned about the ID on those. On the stock isolators, mine (3.437" ID) fit rather snug

6. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

To be used as "COILOVERS" meaning over shocks so yes not designed for the rear of a KJ/KK etc , reason for small diameter