265/75/16's on Moabs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the KK geared differently then the Kj? I am asking cause y'all keep saying you need 4.10's and your running 245/75/16's or similar and I have
245/75/16's on my stock 2012 KK and I have not had any issues rpm's nor acceleration. I also still have a few inches left in the wheel well

245/75 or 245/70? Either way that's impressive. No trimming?

Another factor that comes into play here is that your suspension may not have sagged yet. How many miles on the KK?

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245/75 or 245/70? Either way that's impressive. No trimming?

Another factor that comes into play here is that your suspension may not have sagged yet. How many miles on the KK?

Approx. 20,546 miles bought it with 13 miles on it.
No I did not have to trim anything and I still have a few inches in the wheel well. no rubbing at full lock. they removed the pinch welds from under the wheel well in the KK's

Sorry did not mean to steal this thread.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KKs can run bigger tires then the KJ can stock since the wheel well is different and comes with different factory options

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KKs can run bigger tires then the KJ can stock since the wheel well is different and comes with different factory options

Yes my friend was comparing his 03 or 06 i think and was tripp'n on how much space I have in the wheel well and that it does not rub at full lock:rockit: so I'm thinking when I get the lift I should be able to run 32's no problem well except for maybe going to 4.10s

05renny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Good or Bad:
Yes my friend was comparing his 03 or 06 i think and was tripp'n on how much space I have in the wheel well and that it does not rub at full lock:rockit: so I'm thinking when I get the lift I should be able to run 32's no problem well except for maybe going to 4.10s

Keep your stock wheels and tires, then byt a second set of wheels (cragars on craigslist can be had for verrrrry cheap) then just run the 32's when you wheel.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Good or Bad:

Keep your stock wheels and tires, then byt a second set of wheels (cragars on craigslist can be had for verrrrry cheap) then just run the 32's when you wheel.

I will prob keep the ones I got for now and when I can get wider wheels and larger tires as well as regear to 4.10 as I am going to create a Rubicon edition and I prefer larger tires dont care about gas milage or having a sedan like ride thats why I own a jeep:rockit:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I will prob keep the ones I got for now and when I can get wider wheels and larger tires as well as regear to 4.10 as I am going to create a Rubicon edition and I prefer larger tires dont care about gas milage or having a sedan like ride thats why I own a jeep:rockit:

If I were you and going to 32s I'd regear to 4.56s
I wish you could on the KJs since with 32s, the added weight it would be about perfect all around

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I've said it before but just running the 245/75's I wish I had a regear. I can tell a good difference in power and it dirves me crazy. Granted my tires are heavier due to being retreads but yeah(not sure what a normal tire weighs in this size but these shipped at about 212lbs for 4).

There is no way 265's could feel just fine without a regear though. Unless I just notice small changes in the Jeep more than normal or something.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
While the wheelwells are different on a KK, 32s still take up quite a bit of room in there. We've tried them on a 2.5 inch lift here and it was real close , not much room at all. With 3.5 or so inches of lift you'll have more but ...........
As far as gearing I had 245-70s/255-70s/245-75s/265-70s on mine before I went to 32s. None made much of a noticeable difference until I installed the 32s. Didn't even want to drive it hardly until the regear was done a couple of weeks later

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While the wheelwells are different on a KK, 32s still take up quite a bit of room in there. We've tried them on a 2.5 inch lift here and it was real close , not much room at all. With 3.5 or so inches of lift you'll have more but ...........
As far as gearing I had 245-70s/255-70s/245-75s/265-70s on mine before I went to 32s. None made much of a noticeable difference until I installed the 32s. Didn't even want to drive it hardly until the regear was done a couple of weeks later

Cool Thanks for the heads up Tom so I will keep them at 245/75 after I get the 3.5" Mudd Econo lift until I can regear.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you and going to 32s I'd regear to 4.56s
I wish you could on the KJs since with 32s, the added weight it would be about perfect all around
Right on Tom that's good to know. I am not quite there yet but thanks in advance don't kow nething about regearing just what I read from all ya'll on here