Satin Black Powder Coated 16" MOAB's Wrapped with 32" 265/75R16E Nitto Trail Grappler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I finally got my wheels back from powder coating last week and wrapped them with the nittos that have been hoggin the corner of my garage for weeks! They are absolutely sick on the KJ! I'm so pleased with the stance, look, ride, drivability, and just crazy bad attitude this rig ended up with!
3.5" Lift gave me plenty of room out back but the front had major rubbing issues which I expected. I had previously pounded pinch welds and remolded the fender wheels, but now to turn I had to do major trimming to the front of the wells and even a little sliver of the bumper. With moderate flexing I would still have some serious rubbing issues on the wells but for the time being I'm not overly concerned. I'm not doing a lot of off-roading at this time anyway just trying to get my business open. The MOAB offset is phenomenal for this lift size and these tires finally conquered the skinny look on a KJ! Between the 265 footprint and the 8" wide wheels they flare out just right and look amazing! Enough bragging! Admire these pics!

You must be registered for see images attach

The 4.10's definitely make a big difference in power and just regular drivability with these big tires so that was a great investment. My only complaint is that I wish I would have sucked it up and bought a matching spare, the 245/75R16E is still a great tire and perfect for a spare but it is noticeably smaller that the other four.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent look!

I like the tread pattern on those tires - keep us posted on how they wear, grip in the wet, mud, etc.

You'll definitely want a spare to match the other four. If you have to actually use it you'll have issues with 4X4 if you have to engage it with the small tire on there. With a 5th tire you'll gain some longevity if you do a five tire rotation. That's what I've done and I still have 2/3 of my tread left after 50,000 miles.

Well done, Wes! :waytogo:

P.S. Those 4.10s make quite a difference, don't they?

Bob

Last edited:

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. Had the Trail Grappler's and I considered them as one of the best all around tires out there. Great off the road yet still smooth on pavement.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I love the Moab rims on a Liberty. Perfect width and backspacing. The look really good in the satin black. You'll like the Trail Grapplers. I have a set of 37's on my JKR. They are very smooth and quiet for such an aggressive tire. I've had no problems with them in over a foot of snow or in torrential rain. Aired down to about 8 PSI they do incredibly well off road. Of course, I'm running beadlocks, so you might not want to go quite that low with the Moabs.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very good basics modification you just have done. Especially to have that kind of wheel size that really look aggressive. With those 4.10 ratio on your differential it does not affect the performance at all. The wheel on that MOAB rim it just perfect i like it and very good job to choose satin black especially is a white KJ. Great job!

Regards!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Very good basics modification you just have done. Especially to have that kind of wheel size that really look aggressive. With those 4.10 ratio on your differential it does not affect the performance at all. The wheel on that MOAB rim it just perfect i like it and very good job to choose satin black especially is a white KJ. Great job!

Regards!

I appreciate it! Not sure I would consider what I did basic modifications but maybe you're more experienced haha

Latest posts

Members online