245/70r16s Fit on Stock Rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not entirely true. You can show up with your tires and your wheels and they will mount and balance them.

real issue here is the suspension.

Even 225/75R16s will rub the pinch weld on sharp turns if you running the notoriously mushy OE style stock or “whatever was cheap” suspension.
Some Walmarts will, some will not , I have personally had two that would only mount OE sizes
and yes I always haul mine into any tire shop on a trailer ( the wheels and old tires to be changed)
I started lying and telling them they were going on a Tacoma or Wrangler and no more issues

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Some Walmarts will, some will not , I have personally had two that would only mount OE sizes
and yes I always haul mine into any tire shop on a trailer ( the wheels and old tires to be changed)
I started lying and telling them they were going on a Tacoma or Wrangler and no more issues
Yup. Little white lies all good!

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every vehicle is different. Lift, sagged, and just factory specs. That being said, I have 2.5ish lift with 265/70/16’s on stock wheels. It does rub a bit on the sway bar, but not so much so that Im concerned about it. This is with the pinch pounded over also.