235/75/16?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read several threads about maximum tire size that will fit on a stock KJ without rubbing. I don't want to go up to a 245 width, but possibly up from a 70 to 75 sidewall height. Anyone done the switch? I know it throws the speedo by a couple percent, but that really doesn't bother me. I used a tire size calculator to find out how much larger it would be and the diameter of the tire increases by 0.9", which certainly seems like it would fit fine. Feedback?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
235/70 will be NO problem as that's an OEM size - with the "offroad package", mine came with 235/70.

I think you'd be OK with a 235/75. May experience a little rubbing on the pinch weld.

Other point - I went from 235/70 to 245/70. I figured my Speedo would read slower than what I am actually going very slightly. I have used my GPS, which seems to be fairly accurate on MPH, and it still shows that I am a 2-3mph SLOW at 45. Wish I had the same GPS when I bought the KJ, I would like to know how far off it was from the factory!

tdamocles

Reaction score
Other point - I went from 235/70 to 245/70. I figured my Speedo would read slower than what I am actually going very slightly. I have used my GPS, which seems to be fairly accurate on MPH, and it still shows that I am a 2-3mph SLOW at 45. Wish I had the same GPS when I bought the KJ, I would like to know how far off it was from the factory!

You know, I just tried that GPS thing with the 245/75s that I just installed and the GPS read 2-3mph higher than my speedo(or speedo 2-3mph lower). Maybe the GPS is not so accurate:confused:?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.