235/70-16 or 245/70-16 PICS without any lift....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SupermanWV

Reaction score
I am looking to get some new tires (FOR MY 2007 LIBERTY SPORT 4x4)...and my wallet is a little flat. So I found some Re-Tread tires to get me through the winter....they are 245/70-16's and have the exact tread as the BFGoodrich AllTerrain KO's... They also have a 25,000 mile wear out warranty. If anything happens to them down to 1/2 tread....FREE REPLACEMENT....after 1/2 tread you get a prorated ammount to replace it.

Someone please let me know if they will deffinetly fit...or should I go with the 235/70-16's. (I've read a lot of posts...but no one really mentions having a 2007...and not sure how much difference there are in the many years that the Liberty's been around.)

I would like to see some pics of 245's without any lift just to see what they may look like....for that matter, show me some 235's also...so I can compare.

By the way...the 245's are only $52.95 a tire (mounted and balanced)...so they are cheap and should get me to spring when I can afford some better tires. Christmas really thinned me out .

So keep them pics or links to pics coming...I plan on purchasing tomorrow evening.

Has anyone wheeled any trails with 245/70-16's without a lift? If so...do they rub a ton (with stock rims) when flexing?

This jeep will see trail running...NOTHING MAJOR...but it will be wheeled from time to time. So if the 235 would work better with flexing....should I go with them?

Does anyone have any pics of a stock KJ w/stock rims running 235's or 245's wheeling....ANYONE? I want to see how much room is left in the fender wells...

AND ONE MORE QUESTION....SERIOUSLY....Do the 245's fill the wheel wells to much and make the tires look too big for the KJ without a lift?

Thanks everyone...

Clark

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either will fit. 235/70/16 was the stock size for the offroad package. I had that on my 2007, I can show you pics but they'll just look like a stock liberty.

I now (at 12k miles) have 245/70 General Grabber AT2's (just like the BF A/T). I have a small lift though. You should have little to no trouble on a stock '07 with this size - maybe a slight rub when the wheel is fully turned on reverse or something. I have none at all so far, however, I haven't had it out wheeling yet. A lot of folks have this size, and you'll be just fine. Nothing is different from the 2005-2007 years in respect to clearance. We're only taking .5" of extra diameter, so .25" of lift out of it. 235/70 is 29", 245/70 is 29.5".

I say go for it, it'll fit fine and you'll love them - I love mine!