2006 Jeep Liberty Sport Special Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
lol you dont like it?!

wow

what do you do on ice? put it in D and let it creep itself up to speed?

i put mine in D and hit the go pedal.. i take right off..

all i have to do is worry about stopping..

Leave it in 2wd, and STAND ON IT :D
Feels good, man nana.gif
I don't know about anyone else, but I was taught how to drive in the snow without the aid of any kind of traction control or ABS or any of that crap. People rely on the 'systems' to protect them and not their knowledge of how to handle weather conditions.

ThunderbirdJunkie learned how to drive in the snow in a 2wd Ford Aerostar with bald tires\\:D/
tjkj2002: "ESP -- Worthless"

From Wikipedia: "According to IIHS and NHTSA, one-third of fatal accidents could have been prevented by the technology" Also NHTSA has stated that "Sport utility vehicles with stability control are involved in 67% fewer accidents than SUVs without the system"

Maybe you’re not into all that safety stuff but I am.

4 good tires on a KJ with no ABS/ESP/TCS will dominate 4 Wrangler ST's on a KJ with ABS/ESP/TCS in braking distance, acceleration, and handling on any surface. They will be equal on most surfaces in all performance categories if the tires on both KJs are the same, and good.
The NHTSA also mandated a "safety" device that killed 3% of the people that used it (the airbag) and airbags didn't get SAFE until AFTER the automotive manufacturers were allowed to use criteria THEY came up with.

Reaction score
tjkj2002: "ESP -- Worthless"

From Wikipedia: "According to IIHS and NHTSA, one-third of fatal accidents could have been prevented by the technology" Also NHTSA has stated that "Sport utility vehicles with stability control are involved in 67% fewer accidents than SUVs without the system"

Maybe you’re not into all that safety stuff but I am.

ok. my kj, the FIRST JEEP, STICK, THING I DROVE, had no abs, no trac control. it taught me how to drive. on the jk, it has that shit. i was going 65 on the highway in feb headed to ny. there was an overturned truck. i hit the brake to slow down and instantly slid sideways. abs and traction control kept me from going into the ditch and i barely made the stop.
at the same time, i slid out on a corner and almost hit another car because i was wating for it to come on.
its good, but gives you comfort you dont need.

ps, dont argue with troy. to my knowledge, he hasnt been wrong yet

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"ThunderbirdJunkie learned how to drive in the snow in a 2wd Ford Aerostar with bald tires"

That must have been fun. The first vehicle I drove in the snow was a 1wd Honda Accord. It didn't turn out to well as I got stuck. A 2wd Jeep Liberty isn't better than a 4wd one in the snow. But it and a 2wd Aerostar sure beats a 1wd Honda :rolleyes:

Reaction score
"ThunderbirdJunkie learned how to drive in the snow in a 2wd Ford Aerostar with bald tires"

That must have been fun. The first vehicle I drove in the snow was a 1wd Honda Accord. It didn't turn out to well as I got stuck. A 2wd Jeep Liberty isn't better than a 4wd one in the snow. But it and a 2wd Aerostar sure beats a 1wd Honda :rolleyes:

hit the quote button. it'll save you time

Reaction score
no argument to be had. all that electronic shit is a gift and a curse. if you dont like it, dont buy it. simple as that.
whose up for some white castle?

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie learned how to drive in the snow in a 2wd Ford Aerostar with bald tires\\:D/

Ha ha, so did I. I rocked a set of snow tires all year and it wore them out pretty quick. Come winter time, they were bald and no fun to drive in the snow. It also didn't help that I blew the rear airbags, so the rear suspension was shot the whole time I owned it. I had the extended model and just loaded up the back with sandbags during winter; it seemed to do the trick. I loved that van.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
ABS is evil.

ESP isn't.

Neither is TC, especially offroad.

If I could disable ABS and keep ESP and TC, I'd be happy. :p

(BTW: I learned to drive on a RWD SUV without ABS, ESP, TC, BAS, and all that other crap, with horrible Korean Tires. Believe me, I know how to drive....)

And back to the '06 Sport Special Edition.....

Here's my opinion..... :D :D :D :D lol3.gif :D :D :D :D

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ABS is evil.

ESP isn't.

Neither is TC, especially offroad.

If I could disable ABS and keep ESP and TC, I'd be happy. :p

(BTW: I learned to drive on a RWD SUV without ABS, ESP, TC, BAS, and all that other crap, with horrible Korean Tires. Believe me, I know how to drive....)

And back to the '06 Sport Special Edition.....

Here's my opinion..... :D :D :D :D lol3.gif :D :D :D :D

um TC is the devil if the hill/trail is wet
me "you need to get those tires turning so they will clean out
and you can get some traction"
driver "ok so floor it?"
me "not quite but get the engine speed really cranking"
"now GO"
fail
me "what happened?"
driver "I don't know when it did not really want to go
I just floored it and a bunch of dash lights came on?"
me "try again but just floor it from the bottom of the hill"