Jeep Liberty Renegade 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A bit disappointment.. Tires, Rims, lack of plates, locker, makes no sense..

Jeep is poised to release a trio of special edition vehicles next week at the Detroit Auto Show; two based on the iconic Wrangler platform and a third based on the Liberty. As much as we'd love to tell you about some amazing new powertrain option, that's not happening – at least not yet. Instead, these three models are really just interesting themes on the same basic and well-known packages.

We'll start with the Liberty Renegade, which will be positioned in between the Sport and Limited models. Included in the kit are painted Mineral Gray Keystone 16-inch wheels capped with all-terrain P235/70R16 tires along with dark neutral metallic wheel flares, side sills and fascia. The graphics package continues with Argent Silver on the lower fascia and roof rack plus Satin Black vinyl hood decals. Finally, the interior features new driftwood accent bezels.

On the Wrangler front, the first highlight is the $1,120 Islander package, which returns after a 20-plus-year absence. Unique touches include an optional Surf Blue Pearl Coat, an Islander "Tiki Bob" decal on the hood with latitude and longitude coordinates, black side steps and 17-inch Moab wheels shod with 32-inch tires. Tiki Bob makes an appearance inside too, embroidered on the seat backs.

Finally, the $1,820 Wrangler Mountain package is based on the S model and comes with a unique "Mountain" decal on the hood with latitude and longitude coordinates (different from the Islander's coordinates, naturally) along with painted high-gloss Mineral Gray 17-inch Moab wheels, grille and bumper appliqués. Other bits include tubular side steps, black tail lamp guards and a fuel-filler door from Mopar. Interior improvements are made up of an embossed seat insert with embroidered "Mountain logo" plus anodized graphite heating, ventilation and air conditioning rings.

Want to know more? Check out our high-res image galleries of all three models below and then hit the jump for the official press release.

On the other hand...
Jeep Wranger Mountain

Jeep Wranger Islander

Either way it looks like Chrysler wants to sell some more jeeps making buyers think they are getting something different. The only thing I like on the new KK is the headlight housing, which turned out to be an easy mod as we saw a few owners take the lense off and paint the housing gray/black. Look at KK's front approach angle, terrible. At least modify that darn skirt!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
If that's the case then the original KJ Renegades were also disappointments. They didn't come standard with skids, lockers, plates either.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the case then the original KJ Renegades were also disappointments. They didn't come standard with skids, lockers, plates either.

True, but at least the original renegade had some distinguishing features like the lights etc. This thing doesn't stand out at all and doesn't "look rugged".

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
True, but at least the original renegade had some distinguishing features like the lights etc. This thing doesn't stand out at all and doesn't "look rugged".

I agree, it should at the very least have bumper mounted fogs, but hey, Chrysler has no real money. So they can only produce what they have the budget for right now despite making a small profit last year. So we see these appearance packages.

I still want one. But I'm not going to get it.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon, if I remember correctly original renegade had much more distinguishing features, didn't it have option for a different transmission or something, also did not have selectrac, had lights, fake-but-good looking bolted flares, etc.. Look at KJ 03-04 Renegade and Sport and tell me you don't see a big difference. The front bumper silver accent alone made it look incredibly better.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Marlon, if I remember correctly original renegade had much more distinguishing features, didn't it have option for a different transmission or something, also did not have selectrac, had lights, fake-but-good looking bolted flares, etc.. Look at KJ 03-04 Renegade and Sport and tell me you don't see a big difference. The front bumper silver accent alone made it look incredibly better.
No different transmission. Didn't have Selec-Trac but hey, it's a nice feature to have. Lights yes, "fake" bolted flares. If they were functional, then I'd say the new one is certainly missing something extraordinary. Looks like the silver accent is still there on the front bumper, just bad lighting. I just got free tickets to the show, I'll be sure to get GOOD pics of these special editions.

But again, Chrysler doesn't have very much to work with here....

So I give them credit for what they COULD do, you know what I mean?

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
When are they going to wise up and offer the "Digger" edition?

:D I like that!

But really, besides the decal and painted lights, you get screwed..... You you get the interior of a limited, but the fender flares are nothing special. If you look at the Dodge Nitro's, they have the gray flares on their SXT model which is a base model. Painted flares were only available on the SLT and the R/T models which were more money...........

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
That is not a Renegade! :(

When are they going to wise up and offer the "Digger" edition?

That would have been an improvement!

Pssst.... I haven't seen your KK in a few days ... lol .. have you thought about that headlight mod Digger?... that I like.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the hood. I don't see the silver accent, that cover on the bumper, you know?
Why couldn't they at least give it better rims/tires, is it that hard to make one with renegade bolt pattern and tiny bit higher so that they could slap those New Generation Moabs in there..

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a lever for the transfer case. Have they gone to an electrically engaged t-case? That extra arm in the cockpit is what makes a 4x4 a 4x4. I love it when my ford driving friends get in and ask "What's the extra shifter for?"

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
I didn't see a lever for the transfer case. Have they gone to an electrically engaged t-case? That extra arm in the cockpit is what makes a 4x4 a 4x4. I love it when my ford driving friends get in and ask "What's the extra shifter for?"

No more manual T-case. When they rolled out the single speed electronic one in the nitro, we all knew the KK would get the short end of the stick.....

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
That is not a Renegade! :(

That would have been an improvement!

Pssst.... I haven't seen your KK in a few days ... lol .. have you thought about that headlight mod Digger?... that I like.

Aye! The headlights will be moded one way or another. If the new units don't cost a an arm and a leg, I will but the OEM ones. If not, Guess I just have to use an oven :D

I'll post some pics of it tomorrow after my new mod get in :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, manual shifter FTW! You know what was the best, 02-04 Grand Cherokee Selec Trac. It was another ****** shifter for gods sake, I loved that thing. :) Two shifters!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, manual shifter FTW! You know what was the best, 02-04 Grand Cherokee Selec Trac. It was another ****** shifter for gods sake, I loved that thing. :) Two shifters!

My 99 was the same...loved that. Lever is cool too....both are better than electronic stuff....