2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Headlight issues. I had the left front high beam headlight out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrsavoie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
Headlight issues. I had the left front high beam headlight out.

I changed that bulb and checked. Now I have NO high beam head lights.

I checked the old bulb and it works fine with jumper wires.

To check the relay? Auto Repair & Mechanics : How to Test a Car Relay - YouTube

Auto Repair & Mechanics : How to Test a Car Relay - YouTube

The relay tested good. I did not think it was the relay as I had one high beam working before I touched the wires to change the bulb and now I have no high beams working

There is no power to the pin for the high beam on the bulb connector

The fuses are good

The low beams are working fine.

How do you test the multifunction switch? I'm guessing if I have power to the High beam relay or to the fuse the multifunction switch is good

It was the plug under the drivers side head light. It still didn't feel like it was pushing together correctly, but it didn't seem to want to pull apart like it did before
The keeper is in place. It must not have been before. It still doesn't seem as though it is slid all the way over.
If anybody has the grill off their Jeep, could they get a picture of that connection?

Should sell the dang thang. But we are way to deep into it to get our money out of it and it isn't finished yet. Still have some wiring to do and splash guards for the trans and FS2500.

Not to mention the upper A arms won't be checked til tomorrow. The money is bad enough, but it's eating a lot of time that I need to be working on other stuff. We still have only put about 4,000 miles on this in a year.

For what we have in it we could have had a nicer 6.5 diesel Suburban and really tricked it out with an A Team turbo and all the goodies.

Last edited: