2003 power mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alross

Reaction score
My 2003 Liberty's power mirrors just quit. I can't locate a blown fuse...any ideas?

thx

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alross said:
My 2003 Liberty's power mirrors just quit. I can't locate a blown fuse...any ideas?

thx

I have an 03 too, and the mirrors just sort of petered out last fall. I think the issue is in the rocker switch on the arm rest, but have not had the time to troubleshoot further. It would be unusual for both mirrors to go at the same time, so I am thinking something electrical in the control mechanism, i.e., switch(s). #-o

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue, did anyone find a resolution? They sometimes "twitch" when trying to move them so I don't suspect a blown fuse, although the 05 FSM says to check fuse 25.

I will have to dig into it further when the sun comes back out ;)

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW Mine did the same thing in a 2003. They would give a jerk now and then when trying to adjust in warmer weather. Never did find the issue. Maybe congealed lubricant at the swivel/motor/adjustment arm.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds more electrical to me... Maybe get another position switch and try swapping? Fairly easy since you just have to pop off that small panel to get to the switches.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep sounds like the switch to me too, going to have to add it to my list of common Liberty repair bits I need... blower motor resistor, oil pressure sender, transfer case position sensor... lol

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switchs gets wet when you open the door or the window in the rain, not that uncommon and not just Libertys.
Not to say thats whats wrong with everyones but I have done alot.
If you know electrical you can jump it out at the switch and test it.
Dont push on the mirror to adjust you can do more damage to the mirror.

L

lil black liberty

Had this same issue in my 05:

My power lock switch and mirror switch did it, come to find out the wiring and everything was good, the switches themselves was bad, somehow snow/rain got down into them and corroded the terminals on the backside.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My circuit diagram shows fuse 19 (30 Amp) is common to both mirrors, it then splits to fuse 30 (10 Amp) for the right mirror and fuse 25 (10 Amp ) for the left mirror.:)

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 had Mirror twitch when I got it only on the passenger side So I moved it around by hand one day and it came out of it.

Latest posts

Members online