2003 KJ Valve Cover Gasket - Which side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2003 KJ that appears to be leaking oil again (or at least its more noticeable now since the previous times).

It looks like it is exiting from around the valve cover plate on the driver side of the engine.

In 2010, I purchased a set of FEL-PRO valve cover gaskets in order to have one of the valve cover gaskets replaced. I can't remember which side was replaced, but I know I only replaced one side back then because the other valve cover gasket is still in the box.

How can I determine which side my unused valve cover gasket is supposed to be used?

By inspection, it seems that it could go on either side, but I did notice that on one side there are small depressions around the holes.

Side with depressions around the holes:

You must be registered for see images attach

Other side of gasket:

You must be registered for see images attach

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answer:

I called the dealership that did the install and the one in the pictures above is for the left side (driver) because I had the right side (passenger) done before at the dealership.

Latest posts

Members online