2 04+ EVICs on ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
something tells me that if I made it this long and over 90000 miles I dont really need the hassle to even bid on it so I will sit back and watch all the fist fighting/biting/etc LOL

tom

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They all have a compass, it just isn't categorized properly. All EVICs had that stuff, it is just a question of whether it has Homelink and whether, in the case of the 04 one, it has the Premium TPMS transponder system built into it. And since you say you have an 05, you need to go read up on EVICs, ANY EVIC will work in ANY Liberty, sans-08+, with the exception that 02-03 EVICs don't fully work in 04+, and vice versa.

edit: hot damn, that 04 one IS the Premium TPMS model, they took a nice shot of the model number, but I did not even have to query it since you can clearly see the PSI logo on the sticker. That 04 one is worth a hot penny, or $250+ in ebay terms.

And for those that don't understand, if you have an 05-07 Liberty Sport, you cannot add TPMS to it. The bypass for this is to use an 04 TPMS EVIC with 04 TPMS sensors (since the EVIC talks directly with the sensors, not through wheel well antennas and the SKREEM module) and VOILA. And for 04 owners, well, having TPMS is just cool, so, yeah. This one has it.

Last edited:

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
arrrgh

they wont let me bid because i am registered in Australia

I have sent them a message , if they dont let me bid on the 04 can one of you guys do it for me?

SoDakJeep

Reaction score
so i have an 05 with tpms in the dash. this wont work anymore with the evic or what?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, I guarantee they will be over $160, maybe even $260. Everyone right now is lurking on these auctions because they know what they are worth and how much they have gone for in the past, plus how many are going to start a bidding war in the final minutes. I am sure quite a few people set up a sniper for 3 seconds remaining at $250.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we're all on the subject and waiting to see how much they end up at, I have an idea/question(s)....

From what I can gather from here and past LOST threads, sometime in 2004 Jeep switched the temp sensor data from the BCM to the PCM. This is why 2004's are wierd, '03 and before all work, and '05+ all work, just independently.

I am of the opinion that (purely speculation) most, if not all of these EVIC's are the same hardware - sure, some have TMPS, some have homelink or a sunroof switch. But, the core EVIC hardware is most likely the same for all.

So, I'd tend to think that all data is flowing properly in the BUS to the EVIC. For example, I have a 2003 EVIC in my 2007. The temp data is flowing to it from the PCM instead of the BCM, the EVIC just doesn't know where to look for it. It can't find the data and thus reads "--".

My question/thought is - can't these things be programmed? I know in my GM W-body community, some members that had programming and knowlege of these electronic chips and gadgets started manipulating them. The grassroots effort turned into them being some very profitable vendors in a lucrative market. I'd think that a 2006 EVIC could be accessed with the proper equipment and the code extracted. With the same equipment, it could be "flashed" into an older EVIC. Make sense? Am I off my rocker?

I'm willing to pursue this. Anyone know who manufactures these things? Anyone have a contact at Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge that may be able to shed light and some direction? I wouldn't think equipment would cost much for someone with some know-how, and how many of us would drop $40 or $50 to upgrade the EVIC to work, versus fighting tooth and nail whenever a late model one becomes available. I know I would. I think it could be a profitable venture for someone with the know-how to do it.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, that has got to be the cheapest 04+ EVIC ever, not to mention it had TPMS. Someone got lucky, and it sounds like it was fouros via proxy bid.