16x8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does everyone think:

16x8 rims w/4.6 inch of backspace. Gives a positive offset of 6.

245/75/r16 a/t

kj is already lifted but, getting a new one(frankenlift or OME).

Last edited:

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the 16x7 is def. the better choice for the KJ. However, I dont want the TIRED soft 8's (everyone has these rims). Looking for a little more style and their aren't many 16x7 that are stylish, or even cool for that matter. From what I have read, people put 245's on rubicon rims all the time????? Is cutting required when using rubicons?????? The rubicons only have 6mm more offset than the rims I want to use??????(dunno)(dunno)(dunno)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I have 15x8 Soft 8's with a back spacing of 4" on mine, and I can tell you that plastic fender trimming will be in your future. :-k

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 16x8 moabs, the 245's are on them. If you have an '02 they will fit. On an '05 you may need to do some trimming on the front inner wheel well and / or bumper.

Mine is an 03 renegade so that should work out! what about that 4.6" backspace. could u fit a 1/4" more on ur outer rims without problems???? thanks

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I originally bought a set of these Teflon coated Chamber 16"X8" wide wheels but ended
selling them due to the fact that the Teflon coating does not wear well and scrapes
off very easily. That, and the back spacing was not ideal.
Then I thought of buying Jeep MOAB 16"X8" wheels and mounting my 245-75 tires on them.
But I wanted something different than what alot of other KJ owners have...
So this year, I'm going to buy 5 of these chrome American Racing Chamber
wheels and have a local shop re-work them so I have the proper off set and that they will fit!

I know that this will significantly add to the cost of the wheels,
but that's how it does if you want something, and want it to fit properly.
Hell, I spent an additional $600.00 on a set of classic Speedline Metro
wheels to get them to fit my Mini!
Do it right or don't do it at all!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
should I go ahead and get some fancy uca's with my franky or will stock be okay???

Well, if you getting the Franky, then the UCA's might be a good idea. Some people run then, and some don't....I don't personally....but I will be getting a set soon as my ubj's are toast and I think the UCA's will solve some tire wear for me...and will get my alignment issue settled( neg camber).

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Well, if you getting the Franky, then the UCA's might be a good idea. Some people run then, and some don't....I don't personally....but I will be getting a set soon as my ubj's are toast and I think the UCA's will solve some tire wear for me...and will get my alignment issue settled( neg camber).

Yes, Negative camber is your friend!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, Negative camber is your friend!

Yeah, I just have a bit too much...wearing the crap outta my right front tire on the inside shoulder....:mad:

But my UBJ's are all done too...so...that doesn't help either. That's the good reason to get the JBA UCA's....replaceable ball joints.;)

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I just have a bit too much...wearing the crap outta my right front tire on the inside shoulder....:mad:

But my UBJ's are all done too...so...that doesn't help either. That's the good reason to get the JBA UCA's....replaceable ball joints.;)

Fellow on LOST has set of JBA 4.5 for sale,his handle escapes me right now.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score

The main reason I went with Jeepin by Al upper (A) control arms is the
fact that I can replace the ball joints.
Not to mention the "Better" angle of the upper bal joint!

Money well spent!

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 15x8" Gambler wheels (5.5" backspacing) plus 1" spacers, and 31x10.50 BFG MT's with my Frankenlift. I had to pound the pinch weld, but didn't need to cut anything else. They only rub behind the fog light doors when the steering wheel is fully turned, and only noticeable when in reverse. 245/75R16 is the same height but slightly narrower tire than my 31's, so I would assume they would rub less.

I've been looking for some new wheels too, and have found many I like in 16x8" w/ 4.5" backspacing. My 2 favorites so far:

Pro Comp 8128 seen here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3317509

Helo HE791 Maxx 6

Both are on backorder from every dealer I've found! Grrr...