0W-30 and noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it's not the recommended weight as per Chrysler's specs for the 3.7.

Correct, but that's not what you said. You said you didn't see any 0W30 oils that meet Chrysler's MS spec.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly...we are having a heated debate, no need for personal attacks. But hey I ain't surprised coming from you. Every post I've seen from you in this forum has been nothing but trolling and flame baiting.

At least ThunderbirdJunkie is recognized for his talents nana.gif
So, for you I respond with this:
(insert yet another stupid facepalm picture, but absolutely no scientific backing for my claims)
Keep on believing the world is flat if you wanna...:rolleyes:

No, it wasn't a heated debate until you made it one when others said the noise was caused by the oil and lack of viscosity. You do this in EVERY oil thread.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it's not the recommended weight as per Chrysler's specs for the 3.7.

Are we gonna start this $hit all over again? It carries the API starburst and meets the MS 6395 spec...enough already for Christ sake.

By the way, most 5W-30 oils these days no longer meet MS 6395 as that spec has moved over to 5W-20.

If you are curious about the specs of the Castrol 0W-30 that I'm using, here's the PDS: http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/b...local_assets/downloads/p,q/pds_syntec_usa.pdf

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we gonna start this $hit all over again? It carries the API starburst and meets the MS 6395 spec...enough already for Christ sake.

By the way, most 5W-30 oils these days no longer meet MS 6395 as that spec has moved over to 5W-20.

If you are curious about the specs of the Castrol 0W-30 that I'm using, here's the PDS: http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/b...local_assets/downloads/p,q/pds_syntec_usa.pdf
Chrysler does not recommend 0w oils,not part of there recommendations,just because a oil meets the "bare minimum" specs does not mean it is recommended for your specific engine.Follow what is recommended and you will be in the best situation.

And again 5w-20 is only speced for the federal mpg junk,5w30 is still recommended,and can still use 10w30 also.And yes the MDS will work with other weights besides 5w20 in the "so called" HEMI(that is not a real HEMI),One of my good customers(he asks for me only to work on his '07 RAM) only uses 10w30 and his MDS works just fine,and has for the last 140,000+ miles he has on the truck.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrysler does not recommend 0w oils,not part of there recommendations,just because a oil meets the "bare minimum" specs does not mean it is recommended for your specific engine.Follow what is recommended and you will be in the best situation.

And again 5w-20 is only speced for the federal mpg junk,5w30 is still recommended,and can still use 10w30 also.And yes the MDS will work with other weights besides 5w20 in the "so called" HEMI(that is not a real HEMI),One of my good customers(he asks for me only to work on his '07 RAM) only uses 10w30 and his MDS works just fine,and has for the last 140,000+ miles he has on the truck.
"They recommend"...they aren't holding a gun to my head. If I want to use something better then I will.;)

Did you check out the PDS of the oil I'm using? Check out the specs at the bottom of the pdf document.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Keep on trolling, I'll keep on laughing at you(lol)

Seriously, when are you going to bring up some scientific evidence rather than theory, hearsay, and conjecture to back up your stories?

It's a serious question.
You must be registered for see images

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't you have some chromed plastic hubcaps to wax?
:D
keep on trolling, i'll keep on laughing at you(lol)

06 bright silver kj limited 4x4
|factory : quick order pkg 28g, sunroof, heated front seats, engine block heater, 17" aluminum chrome clad wheels
|mopar acc. : wheel locks, medium grey deluxe molded front & rear splash guards
|aftermarket acc. : reese 44082 hitch, modulite harness, final coat cm-2000, weathertech grey front floorliners digitalfit
|misc. : castrol syntec 0w–30 aka german castrol, firestone destination a/t p235/65r17, autolite app5224

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously, when are you going to bring up some scientific evidence rather than theory, hearsay, and conjecture to back up your stories?

It's a serious question.
You must be registered for see images
I backed up what I've said with evidence. Check back throughout this thread for the articles, forum threads and PDS that I've posted.

The only thing I've seen from you was insults...very matureyupnope.gif

Instead of acting like little kids, show me your evidence and proof that 0W-30 is "thin as water and will blow up the 3.7".

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
What insults? There were no insults going from ThunderbirdJunkie to you, RoF.

If you are going to tell people it's OK to go against the FSM, owner's manual, and everything else, while other people are saying HEY, THESE PEOPLE THAT BUILT THE ENGINE MIGHT KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT SAID ENGINE, you're going to have to back up your ********.

Have yet to see any lab results or independent tests posted by you saying that 0wxx oil does not increase startup wear or engine noise on warm-weather cold starts.

If you're going to make outrageous claims, expect to back them up; And NOT with Ferrari links or DERP oil manufacturer PDF's. Last ThunderbirdJunkie checked, just because a file has a .pdf suffix does not mean there are independent lab tests done with engines that spec 5/10w30.

*EDIT*
In case you forgot, this is an ENGINE NOISE ON STARTUP thread.
This engine noise, apparently, did NOT appear until *GASP* 0wXX oil was put into the crankcase.
YOU SAID it was impossible that it was the cause.

You need to back up your BS with facts.

Last edited:

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What insults? There were no insults going from ThunderbirdJunkie to you, RoF.

If you are going to tell people it's OK to go against the FSM, owner's manual, and everything else, while other people are saying HEY, THESE PEOPLE THAT BUILT THE ENGINE MIGHT KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT SAID ENGINE, you're going to have to back up your ********.

Have yet to see any lab results or independent tests posted by you saying that 0wxx oil does not increase startup wear or engine noise on warm-weather cold starts.

If you're going to make outrageous claims, expect to back them up; And NOT with Ferrari links or DERP oil manufacturer PDF's. Last ThunderbirdJunkie checked, just because a file has a .pdf suffix does not mean there are independent lab tests done with engines that spec 5/10w30.

*EDIT*
In case you forgot, this is an ENGINE NOISE ON STARTUP thread.
This engine noise, apparently, did NOT appear until *GASP* 0wXX oil was put into the crankcase.
YOU SAID it was impossible that it was the cause.

You need to back up your BS with facts.
I said it was impossible? nope didn't say that. I was asking the OP some questions to find out the cause while most of you jumped on him and insulted him.

Show me your evidence Thunderbird that 0W-30 is no good. I've been asking you all that since the beginning and all I got in response was propaganda.

It's really sad that a few bad apples have gone ahead and ruined this great forum. I don't know why I bother anymore, I'm dealing with people who have no real desire to be informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.