07 Jeep Liberty Fuel Pump Access Cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unger

Reaction score
Does the 2007 Jeep Liberty have a fuel pump access cover? I need to replace the fuel pump and it would be nice if I didn't have to drop the tank. Thank you!

Unger

Reaction score
As it turns out, you have 2 options for replacing the fuel pump, both of which involve dropping the fuel tank:

1.) There is a fuel pump access cover. There's a clear indentation in the plastic under the rear carpet indicating where you can CUT the plastic to access the top of the tank/fuel pump. You'd have to cut the plastic, do what you need to do, then re-seal it. The problem is that it's just inches above the hoses, so unless you're really confident in your skills, I don't think cutting it while the fuel tank is in place is a great idea.

2.) Drop the fuel tank.

Bummer.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or:
3.) Lower the tank a little, not totally drop it, to gain yourself more clearance for cutting. I did it this way on a 3rd gen Camaro I once had. I used a cut-off wheel for the hole and draped a wet towel (water, not gas ;)) on top of the tank for "just in case".