06 Liberty Sport Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mysteryguy

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Liberty Sport. I am having squeaking issues with the front brakes do to the clips. I am also witnessing my brakes sticking causing difficulty turning. I'm thinking about changing the calipers to see if that helps, but I want a caliper that will not require clips to help hold the brake pads in place. Anyone else having a similar problem or have a solution?

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If by clips you're referring to the tin kit that's supplied with most brake pad sets you can buy then no, you can not run your pads with out them. At least it's not recommended. Check your slide pins and see if they're sticking, that could save you some money and time by replacing them and properly lubing them with some sil-glyde. Any caliper you find is going to be a re-man factory caliper as far as I know. Are you positive that it's the clips making noise and not the tab on the pads indicating they're in need of replacement?

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(1) Check pad wear, check and clean slide pins, (2) then change all soft brake lines and flush system complete with fresh fluid. Interiors of soft lines and caliper piston o-rings break down over time and are a cause for calipers not returning to slack position. (3) If all above good and completed, but still have issues; then swap affected calipers for newly remanned ones and shave/swap rotors as necessary per specs/parts house advise.

Service it like it needs to get you there, and back too. Ole girl just needs some lovin'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk