05 liberty Upper Control arm question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Th'er

Reaction score
I went to the dealer last week for them to replace the lower ball joints "Under recall".

They informed me that I'd need to replace the upper ball joints aswell.. there price was $768.00 for the upper ball joints. Ouch !!!

I called Autozone they have the Upper control arms w/ball joints.. $119.00 ea
side..
Lifetime warranty.....

Now I bought the parts.. and checked online Part# and noticed that I can buy these for $42.00-- $76.00 ea..

am I paying Double the price Just for the Lifetime warranty?

Doorman 502-354 Part#

05 liberty, 3.7L 2wd

Last edited:

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say for sure.

I can tell you this... one time I was quoted a price for a part at Autozone in my town for $58 and change, but they were out of stock. Told me the next town over's Autozone had it in stock. I needed it that day so I drove over to get it. They wanted $118 for the F*ing thing! I called the other place to verify their price and part number and sure enough the second store was charging $50 more. The manager told me it was due to demand in the area. I was pissed obviously... the manager (after a lot of back and forth) finally called the other store, verified the price and gave it to me for the lower, but I imagine that was a very extraordinary circumstance. Maybe this is the case for your part too?

Kriszilla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too much in my opinion.

I ordered my UCA's off of Amazon for about $70 each, IIRC, then paid a local shop $160 to put them in as I'd just moved to TN from FL and didn't have my tools / workbench setup yet.

I kinda' wish that I'd paid the extra and bought the JBA UCA's for easy ball joint swaps in the future.