05 Liberty Died!!?! Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smeltn

Reaction score
Ok so I get up this morning and walk outside to go to the store, and my 05 Liberty that I just purchased less than 2 weeks ago won't start......

When I put the key in the ignition and turn it over, it goes click click click click, and the dash lights blink off and on...

I tried to jump it off with my wifes car, but it does the same thing..

Anyone ever heard of this?

06KJIL

Reaction score
My 05 Liberty died a few months ago and I had to replace the crankshaft position sensor. Not sure if that is the issue with your KJ, but it may be.

Good Luck

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if the starter just goes---click,click,click,click,click----then it not your crank sensor.It's most likely your battery took a s#$t.yes I see you have a '05 and no a battery should not last that long,they can but 2-3 years is the norm for battery life depending on how you take care of it.You probally never have clean the terminals or anything right?

Either that or the starter solinoid took a s$%t,I would replace the battery first then go from there.

Smeltn

Reaction score
exactly what it is. I tried jumping it off.. And it didnt work, so I decided to just let it sit there and charge for a second with the other car of course running... Started right up. So I drove around for a while, then came back.. Now I just went back out to try and see if its ok.. And dead again.

so I am going to get a new battery.

Last edited:

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its either your battery or the Alternator is bad and isn't charging it while driving.

Ken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to Auto Zone or one of those kinds of places and have them test the charging system They will even replace the battery for you so you don't have to get dirty....
Ken

dutov

Reaction score
Of course one way to check the alt is to jump start the jeep. After it has started disconnect the negative battery term. If it continues to run the alt is good.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery

I'd vote on the battery. If you got it from a dealership, who knows how long its been sitting there.

dutov

Reaction score
Of course one way to check the alt is to jump start the jeep. After it has started disconnect the negative battery term. If it continues to run the alt is good.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And one good way to fry the PCM and BCM in a new vehicle like a KJ,never disconnect the battery while the engine is running,the voltage spike can fry computers!!!!!!!!!!......and possibly set off your airbags.