05 CRD Turbo Leaking Oil Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpaine

Reaction score
Hi, I have had my 05 CRD for a few months now and When I got it I checked for leaks of any kind and I don't think this one was there a while ago. I should have taken picture, but I looked up at the turbo and I saw a line that is going back into the block and it was soaked in oil. I followed the line up to the turbo and the bottom of the turbo is wet with oil. I have just under 70k miles on the jeep and the extended warranty will expire at 70k. If this is an easy fix that some have heard of i will just do it my self, but if its a big deal I'll try to get it into the dealer before it hits 70,000 miles.

Also does anyone know why I cannot join the L.O.S.T JK forum? I have tried a few times and I can never get a response or a valid login. thanks.

Last edited:

cpaine

Reaction score
Here is a pic to show where i see the oil,

I think I will try to get it in there, I have to renew the warranty for $150 with only 800miles till it will expire. Fun stuff.

Attachments

• CRD Turbo side.JPG
    CRD Turbo side.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 59

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be leaking where the compressor housing joins the cartridge flange - could also be leaking around the output Boost hose - also, very likely the drain-tube flange gasket is leaking, having hardened over 70kmi of high EGT service - need to clean things up, get a fresh start to pinpoint the actual source - starting with cold engine, wash it down with autozone engine cleaner, hose it down with clear water - my hose is connected to the bottom drain-tap spigot on my home water-heater, gives ~150* rinse water, good for quick-drying - also cleans out the lime\calcium deposits that collect in the bottom of the tank - most water heaters fail when the bottom of the tank rusts thru, resulted from those accumulated mineral deposits - water heater instructions, if read B4 tossing in the trash, advise draining the tap at regular intervals to prevent mineral deposit accumulation and resultant tank failure

Note: you will need a better water hose than those 3.99 wonders at yer local garden emporuim - a good nylon-reinforced hose (and yer water heater) will survive many years of hot-water rinses (good roi), supposing that you're a committed gear-head like gmctd

Last edited: